Using IP Phones
This section describes how SIP endpoints, such as IP Phones, work with SIP Server in Business Continuity mode.
Supported IP Phones
The following is a list of IP Phones that can be configured to support SIP Business Continuity, with the actual model that was tested in parentheses:
- CounterPath Bria 3.x IP Phones (Bria 3.0)
- Polycom SoundPoint IP Phones using firmware version 3.2 or later (Polycom SoundPoint IP330 with firmware version 3.2)
- Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) 4000-series IP Phones with SIP version 2.10.80 or later (ALU 4008/4018 with SIP version 2.10.80)
Note: Advanced IP Phone features, such as Presence and MWI, are not available in SIP Business Continuity Mode.
Refer to device-specific documentation for detailed information and instructions for configuring the phone.
In a stand-alone SIP Server configuration with Business Continuity mode activated, agents' phones must be able to register on two sites in one of the following ways:
- Simultaneously--Register on both peer Sip Servers at the same time.
- Sequentially--Register on the main peer SIP Server first; if that peer SIP Server is down, then register on the secondary peer SIP Server.
There are also specific Configuration Server configuration requirements for SIP endpoints. In the following situations, the dr-forward must be set to oos:
- When SIP endpoints are configured to register sequentially.
- When Bria or ALU IP Phones are configured.