The following tasks are required to deploy basic SIP Business Continuity in your environment. Unless otherwise stated, refer to the Framework 8.1 SIP Server Deployment Guide for information about the configuration options.
Deploying Basic SIP Business Continuity
For each DR pair required, use the Sync Switch Wizard in Genesys Administrator to create a new peer switch or use an existing switch as the peer. Each switch in the DR pair must be located at a separate site. The Wizard sets up the switches as peers, synchronizes switch-related elements between them, and then keeps them synchronized.
For remote agents, before using the Sync Switch Wizard in Genesys Administrator to create a new peer switch:
- Configure the contact option with the value equal the FQDN of the media gateway for all remote agent DNs or a softswitch.
- Configure local DNS servers for each peer to resolve this FQDN to respective gateway addresses.
On each DR peer:
- Configure a Trunk DN pointing to the other peer.
- Assign to each DN a unique prefix that does not match a possible dialed number to avoid the DN being mistaken for use by an outbound call. The options oos-check and oos-force must be configured to enable Active Out Of Service Detection.
- Note: Use the names of these DNs when configuring the Application option dr-peer-trunk.
- Set the dr-peer-location option to the name of the Switch object of the other SIP Server in the DR pair.
- Do not configure the auto-redirect-enabled option.
Refer to the Framework 8.1 SIP Server Deployment Guide for instructions.Set the following options in the extrouter section on each SIP Server:
Do one or both of the following, as appropriate:
- If you are using premise SIP Servers at the network level, use the configuration options router-timeout and default-dn.
- If you are using Network SIP Servers, use the configuration option default-route-destination.
On each premise SIP Server, use the configuration option dr-peer-trunk to identify that the SIP Server is a part of a DR pair, and to identify the Trunk DN that points to the other SIP Server in the pair. Genesys also recommends the following:
- Add the addresses of both DR peers to the list of addresses in the option enforce-external-domains, to ensure that the call parties are properly recognized based on the Host element of the contacts.
- Use the option dr-forward at the Application or DN level to define the mode of forwarding inbound and internal calls when SIP Server is operating in Business Continuity mode. Set this option to one of the following values, as appropriate:
- no-agent—for call center deployments or for an agent's DNs
- oos—for Alcatel-Lucent and Bria IP phones that do not support simultaneous registrations on two sites
- off—for office (that is, non-agent) deployments of endpoints
Interaction Workspace (IW) supports preferred-site connections for agents. Other agent desktops must use the same mechanism as used by IW for configuring preferred-site connections. For configuration details, see the Interaction Workspace 8.1 Deployment Guide.