Configuration Server Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features or enhancements:
- Support of optional transaction serialization. This feature can be used in the following scenarios:
- The use of custom (non-Genesys) applications that make frequent changes in the configuration.
- Server-side throttling of change requests at a certain rate during bulk update operations to avoid having notifications overwhelm Configuration Server and its clients.
- Limiting the number of Configuration Server proxies reloading configuration data simultaneously. This feature can be used in the following scenarios:
- Making sure that the pool of Configuration Server Proxies for agent-facing applications always has servers that are ready to respond to client requests during system-wide reload or resynchronization of configuration data.
- Reducing the stress on the master Configuration Server during its restart in environments where a large number of Configuration Server Proxies are deployed.
- Support for the following new DBMS vendor clients:
- Microsoft SQL client software on Linux and Windows with support for MSSQL Server 2017
- Oracle 12.1 client software on Linux and Windows
- PostgreSQL 10.1 client software on Linux and Windows
This release contains the following resolved issues:
Configuration Server can now handle situations where a custom application is used to submit change requests without handling confirmations of previous changes. Previously, data corruption sometimes occurred.
Configuration Server now correctly handles the scenario where if a configuration change is made while another instance of Configuration Server Proxy and/or the master Configuration Server master in backup mode is starting up or reloading data. Previously in this scenario, the Configuration Server instance sometimes received incomplete data or terminated unexpectedly and had to be restarted.
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 220.127.116.11.