|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Genesys Rules System Rules Engine Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||HP-UX PA||HP-UX IPF||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
New in This Release
This is a hot fix for this product. This release contains the following new features or functionality:
- Business Calendars Dynamic Timezone Support—Business calendars have been enhanced to allow the timezone to be provided at rule-evaluation time.
When the GRAT user configures a business calendar, a timezone is chosen along with the other attributes of the calendar (normal work week, exceptions, holidays). In some cases, you might want to have the same calendar reused for different timezones.
In this release, the standard methods that can be accessed from within the rule template have been extended to allow the timezone ID to be passed in at rule evaluation time. If the timezone ID is not passed in in this way, then the "saved" timezone is used. If the timezone ID is passed in, then it overrides the saved timezone and the calculations will be done using the provided timezone.
The following new method signatures have been added to the BusinessCalendar object, and can be invoked from within a rule function:
- public boolean isWorkingDay(Date theDate, String timeZoneID);
- public boolean isHoliday(Date theDate, String timeZoneID);
- public boolean isException(Date theDate, String timeZoneID);
- public boolean isWorkingTime(Date theTime, String timeZoneID);
- public int diffWorkingDays(Date date1, Date date2, String timeZoneID);
- public int diffWorkingHours(Date date1, Date date2,String timeZoneID);
- public int diffWorkingMinutes(Date date1, Date date2, String timeZoneID);
- public long diffWorkingSeconds(Date time1, Date time2, String timeZoneID);
- public Date beginningOfWorkingDay (Date time, String timeZoneID);
- public Date endOfWorkingDay (Date time, String timeZoneID);
- Business calendars have been enhanced to distinguish between holidays and non-working days. Four new methods have been added to the business calendar object:
- isHoliday()—Returns whether this calendar day is a holiday. Holidays are always non-working days.
- isHoliday(date)—As for isHoliday() but allows you to specify the date to check.
- isException()—Returns whether the day is an exception to the standard work schedule. An exception includes either a time change or a holiday.
- isException(date)—As for isException() but for a specified day.
Corrections and Modifications
This release also includes the following corrections or modifications:
Business calendars can now support a 24-hour workday. To specify a 24-hour workday, specify midnight for both start/end times. (GRS-2439)
When processing iWD start/end dates for a given process/department, non-standard dates were not being handled properly. Processing of non-standard date formats has been made more robust. (GRS-2409)