Genesys SMS Aggregation Service HTTP API User's Guide
Genesys supports sending and receiving messages via a RESTful HTTP API. To connect to this API, you must connect using either a VPN or an HTTPS connection.
The client should provide Genesys a URL to which Genesys can send MOs and DRs using an HTTP POST.
This API supports three types of messages:
- Mobile Terminated messages (MT)—An MT is destined for a handset.
- The client sends the MT request to the Genesys SMS Aggregation Service.
- Genesys acknowledges this request in the HTTP response.
- The message is then queued for delivery to the handset.
- The client can use either the POST or the GET method to send MTs to a Genesys URL. All the parameters and values in the query strings should be URL-encoded using the UTF-8 character set.
- Delivery Receipt (DR) messages—A DR provides a status update for an MT. Genesys sends the DR to a client URL.
- DRs have to be requested during the MT API request.
- DRs are not supported on all networks and/or handsets.
- Mobile Originated (MO) messages—An MO is a message Genesys receives from a handset.
- Genesys sends the MO to a client URL