Taking an Assessment
Any assessments that have been assigned will be visible under My Development page.
Active Assessments are presented at the top of the list. Under each Assessment a snippet of any introduction text is also displayed enabling the user to quickly see key information regarding the Assessment.
The list can be filtered using the 3 drop down menus at the top of the page.
- Assessment – Standard Assessments are typically used as a knowledge check to assess the users understanding of a specific subject.
- Knowledge Nudge – This is a piece of learning that has been assigned to the user. This can be in the form of an e-learning course, document, referral to a web site or knowledge base.
- Feedback on others – This is used when requesting feedback on peers and is typically used for 360º feedback reviews.
- Combine Feedback – this is typically used for employee review periods / 1-2-1’s and requires both the Agent and Manager scores, which form the basis for the review conversation. Once the scores have been agreed and signed by both parties the final ratings are recorded.
- Individually Assigned – these are Assessments that have been directly assigned to the user.
- Group Assigned – these Assessments have been automatically assigned based on the user being part of a Group. Groups are used to filter users for reporting and Assessment purposes. For example, if new recruits are added to the Induction Group, all of the induction specific Assessments are automatically assigned to the users.
When assigning Assessments specific date ranges or completion dates can be applied to the Assessment. Assessments with dates applied will be displayed with a calendar icon and the completion date. If the current date is within the Assessment date range then the Assessment will be listed as part of the active Assessments, if the current date is before the date range the Assessment will be listed with the completed / inactive Assessments.
The below example shows the Baseline Assessment that have been assigned with a date range that is in the future.
Once started an Assessment will display a completion icon and the percentage completed so far. The below example shows that the Customer Service Excellence MC Assessment is 67% complete.
Based on the content of the Assessment, many informational icons may be displayed under the Assessment name. When clicked on the icon will reveal additional information around playing media, timed Assessments, question timing and navigation.
Below is an example of the information available when the Assessment contain audio or video clips.
The following examples are displayed when either the Assessment or Individual questions are being timed.
The final example is displayed when an Assessment can only be taken in the order that it was created and any skipped questions can’t be revisited.
If a Knowledge Nudge has been assigned to the Assessment then the following will be displayed.
A Knowledge Nudge can be either a document, website or e-learning that the user must read, visit or watch before taking the Assessment. The following Assessment could be a series of questions to test the users understanding of the Knowledge Nudge content or simple Feedback form.
It is important to remember that the Assessment can’t be started until the Knowledge Nudge has been opened and closed.
Once ready to take the Assessment click the Start button to begin.
When the Assessment has been completed it will be move to the bottom of the users My Development page and will display both the finished icon and the percentage score.