Sample Business Processes for Apple Business Chat
Asynchronous chat subroutine
The Chat Server documentation includes information on how to install and configure a workflow sample that uses asynchronous chat. The workflow sample and a description of how it works is included in the Chat Server installation package. The package also includes a subroutine that uses Apple Business Chat (see graphic below).
For Apple Business Chat interactions (interactions with the MediaType applebcsession), this subroutine creates a nickname for a contact if it was not yet defined.
The subroutine performs the following steps:
- Checks if the variable _msgProfileNickname is already initialized. If it is not initialized, it assigns the variable _msg_Nickname_ABC a value of ABC Client with unknown Nickname (this string appears on the agent desktop if the contact is new).
- Attaches the _msg_ProfileNickname key to the interaction with the newly assigned nickname.
- Updates the contact in Universal Contact Server (UCS).
- Assigns InteractionId to a variable to update the interaction in the next step.
- Updates the key _msg_ProfileNickname in Interaction Server.
- Updates the key _msg_ProfileNickname in UCS with the same string from Step 1.
- The rest of the interaction proceeds in the usual manner.