Workspace Web Edition & Web Services is a web-based Agent Desktop and REST APIs that provide a web client interface to access Genesys services.
Workspace Web Edition is an HTML 5 thin-client application that provides agents and knowledge workers with non-intrusive access to the information, processes, and applications that they need to perform their jobs more efficiently and to ensure increased customer satisfaction. Web Services are the REST APIs that can be used by developers to create custom applications that integrate with Genesys.
With Workspace Web Edition & Web Services, Genesys provides both the web-based application and the APIs in one installation package.
To work with either the application or the APIs, you must first follow the steps in this Deployment Guide to install and configure the server component of Workspace Web Edition & Web Services. After the deployment is complete, you can:
- Configure Workspace Web Edition — See the Workspace Web Edition Configuration Guide for details.
- Work with Web Services — See the Web Services API Reference for details.
Workspace Web Edition & Web Services adheres to the standards described in the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10. See the OWASP website for details about the Top 10.
Workspace Web Edition & Web Services has adopted several methods of ensuring security, for example:
- Errors are logged locally to prevent information leakage through API requests.
- User sessions have a timeout option.
Client-side Browser Support
The Workspace Web Edition agent interface supports the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10
- Google Chrome
- Firefox 15+ (support is limited to voice)