Accessing Your Voicemail Account
Accessing Your Voicemail with a Local Desktop Telephone
Your telephone may have a Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) in the form of a light or an LED display, which indicates that this phone's mailbox has new messages waiting.
- Press the voicemail key, if there is one on your phone, or dial the voicemail access number. Your method of access will depend upon your specific telephone model.
- Enter your password, if required.
Accessing Your Voicemail with a Remote Telephone
- Call the voicemail access number.
- Enter your mail box number.
- Enter your password.
- Press # to confirm.
Accessing Your Voicemail in a Web Browser
The computer that you are using and the host server where Genesys SIP Voicemail is installed must both be on the same LAN, or both connected to the internet.
- Open a web browser and enter the following UID in the Address field:
...where <hostname> is the server where Genesys SIP Voicemail is installed and <port> is 8080 (Genesys SIP Voicemail's default HTTP port).
- Enter your mailbox number and password into the corresponding fields in the dialog box. For example:
- Mail Box: 201
- Password: 201
Listening to Your Voicemail
Use these commands to hear and manage your voicemail.
- Access your mailbox, giving your mailbox number and password if necessary.
- Press 1 to start playing the first message.
- Use these commands while any message plays.
- Press 1 to rewind 10 seconds.
- Press 2 to pause or resume.
- Press 3 to forward 10 seconds.
- Press 4 to play a voice menu, which lists all commands for listeners.
- Press 5 to hear envelope information about the call, for example: message length (in H:M:S) and Caller ID of sender.
- Press 7 to delete.
- Press # to go to the next message.
- Press * to cancel and return to main menu.
If you listen to all or part of a message and do not delete it, the message is automatically saved.
First Time User Setup (Enrollment)
On your first login, Genesys SIP Voicemail asks you to record your name and change your password (the default matches your mailbox number).
- Respond to the voice prompts to record your name and change your password.
- Listen to your messages or hang up.
You can also change your password later, but not your name.