Changing Service Account Password
|Software product name||Skills Management|
|Version Number||8.5.x and Above|
|Subject||Changing Service Account Password|
- Web Service errors when logging into the websites
- 401 Authentication errors when connecting to Exchange
- Unable to validate security certificates
Web Service errors when logging into the websites
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS),
- Navigate to the Application Pools.
- Right click on the Application Pool and select Advance Settings
- Click on the ... next to the username listed under Identity to change the user details
- repeat for all of the Skills Management Application Pools
401 Authentication errors when connecting to Exchange
- Log into Performance DNA / Training Manager Portal as an Administrator
- Navigate to Systems Settings
- On the General tab update the account details used for the Exchange integration.
- Click Test Exchange Settings to validate the new credentials
- Click Save at the bottom of the page
If the Exchange / Outlook account has changed the Config file for the Email Messaging application my also need updating.
Unable to validate security certificates
This issue is generally caused by the login / Security services having incorrect user details and is resolved by updating the Application Pool user details.
Other credentials to check
The Windows server Invoker Service may also require a password update.
- Open the Services Window and locate the Invoker Service.
- Right click and select Properties
- In the Logon tab enter the updated user details.
- Open the Task Scheduler application.
- Open the Task Library and locate the schedule tasks
- Right click and select properties
- Update the Security Options with the new user details.
Repeat for all Skills Management tasks.