|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Changing Service Account Password
|Software product name||Skills Management|
|Version Number||8.5.x and Above|
|Subject||Changing Service Account Password|
- Web Service errors when logging into the websites
- 401 Authentication errors when connecting to Exchange
- Unable to validate security certificates
Web Service errors when logging into the websites
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS),
- Navigate to the Application Pools.
- Right click on the Application Pool and select Advance Settings
- Click on the ... next to the username listed under Identity to change the user details
- repeat for all of the Skills Management Application Pools
401 Authentication errors when connecting to Exchange
- Log into Performance DNA / Training Manager Portal as an Administrator
- Navigate to Systems Settings
- On the General tab update the account details used for the Exchange integration.
- Click Test Exchange Settings to validate the new credentials
- Click Save at the bottom of the page
If the Exchange / Outlook account has changed the Config file for the Email Messaging application my also need updating.
Unable to validate security certificates
This issue is generally caused by the login / Security services having incorrect user details and is resolved by updating the Application Pool user details.
Other credentials to check
The Windows server Invoker Service may also require a password update.
- Open the Services Window and locate the Invoker Service.
- Right click and select Properties
- In the Logon tab enter the updated user details.
- Open the Task Scheduler application.
- Open the Task Library and locate the schedule tasks
- Right click and select properties
- Update the Security Options with the new user details.
Repeat for all Skills Management tasks.