Genesys Info Mart Database Compatibility Reference
|Purpose: To provide guidelines for mapping Info Mart 7.6 database SQL queries for use with an Info Mart 8.x database.|
Welcome to the Genesys Info Mart Database Compatibility Reference.
This addendum to Genesys Info Mart Reference Manual is provided as wiki pages and includes compatibility information for database tables and fields that existed in the Genesys Info Mart database schema in release 7.6. This document is intended to help you identify any adjustments you need to make to your existing Info Mart 7.6 database SQL queries for use with Info Mart 8.x database. This document does not describe completely the new additions to the database schema resulting from any functional enhancements in release 8.x.
This information is valid for the initial 8.1.0 release of Genesys Info Mart. To make this document useful for the 8.0.x releases of Genesys Info Mart, any differences in the database schema between 8.0.x and 8.1.0 releases are noted.
Guidelines to Understanding Information in this Document
The information about database compatibility is intended to help you with:
- Understanding changes in Genesys Info Mart between releases 7.6 and 8.x at the database schema level from the perspective of backward compatibility.
- Finding which tables and fields are obsolete and whether any replacement data is available in the 8.x schema.
- Re-targeting your existing SQL queries towards new, 8.x fields.
The Database Schema Changes Overview provides a high-level summary of changes in the Info Mart database schema. More detailed information is provided for those tables that underwent significant changes.
The following Type of Change notation is used for the tables for which the changes are documented at the database column level:
- No Change when the column has not changed between releases 7.6 and 8.x.
- Retired when no replacement column is provided in the 8.x schema.
- Moved when the same column has been placed into another table, either new or previously existent.
- Replaced when the data that the column provided is now available in another column, either new or previously existent, or through calculations.
- Changed when the column has changed in any other way. For example, the list of available values may have been modified (value changed), or the same data is presented in a different format (format changed), or the column name and location remains the same, but the data stored in the column has been enhanced or modified (meaning changed).
For a conceptual understanding of architecture and functionality provided in release 8.x of Genesys Info Mart, refer to other documents available for Genesys Info Mart 8.0 and/or 8.1.
This guide is primarily intended for Genesys Info Mart 7.6 customers who are considering deployment of the 8.x release of Genesys Info Mart, and who have previously developed custom queries against the Info Mart 7.6 database schema.
This guide assumes that you have a basic understanding of:
- Computer-Telephony Integration (CTI) concepts, processes, terminology, and applications.
- RDBMSs (relational database management systems)
- SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Your existing custom queries and reporting needs.
Info Mart 7.6 Tables
It is recommended that you review Database Schema Changes Overview prior to reading about changes at a table level.
Note: An asterisk (*) in a table name stands for an aggregation level such as SUBHR, HOUR, DAY, or MONTH.
Related Documentation Resources
For additional information about Genesys Info Mart 8 features and database schema descriptions for releases 7.6, 8.0, and 8.1, see the following Genesys Info Mart documentation.
| Genesys Info Mart 8.1 Deployment Guide|
| Genesys Info Mart 8.1 Oracle Reference Manual|
| Genesys Info Mart 8.1 Microsoft SQL Reference Manual|
If you have used the Info Mart 7.6 aggregates, see also the documentation for Reporting and Analytics Aggregates (RAA) 8.1:
| Reporting and Analytics Aggregates 8.1 Deployment Guide|
| Reporting and Analytics Aggregates 8.1 Reference Manual|
| Reporting and Analytics Aggregates 8.1 User's Guide|
| Genesys Migration Guide|
| Genesys Info Mart 8.0 Deployment Guide|
| Genesys Info Mart 8.0 Oracle Reference Manual|
| Genesys Info Mart 8.0 Microsoft SQL Reference Manual|
If you have used the Info Mart 7.6 aggregates, see also the documentation for Reporting and Analytics Aggregates (RAA) 8.0:
| Reporting and Analytics Aggregates 8.0 Deployment Guide|
| Reporting and Analytics Aggregates 8.0 Reference Manual|
| Reporting and Analytics Aggregates 8.0 User's Guide|
| Genesys Info Mart 7.6 Oracle Reference Manual|
| Genesys Info Mart 7.6 Microsoft SQL Reference Manual|
<categorytree mode="all">Genesys Info Mart Database Compatibility Reference|</categorytree>