Hardware and software prerequisites
Before you install Feature Server, ensure that your system is equipped with the hardware, software and other related requirements detailed in this section.
The following table lists the hardware requirements:
|Host||Install Feature Server on its own dedicated host, unless you are deploying to a small or lab environment. Do not co-locate any other applications on this host.|
To view supported operating systems, see the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide.
|RAM||4GB of RAM or above available to the Java process.|
The following table lists the software requirements:
|Java Runtime Environment (JRE)||Java Runtime Environment v1.7 64-bit or higher.
<parameter name="jvm_option2" displayName="jvm_option2" mandatory="true" hidden="true" readOnly="true"> <description><![CDATA[Cassandra related]]></description> <valid-description><![CDATA]></valid-description> <effective-description/> <format type="string" default="-Xmx4g" /> <validation></validation> </parameter>
Note: If you are using the launcher_64 executable, you will need to update launcher_64.xml instead of launcher.xml.
|Genesys requirements|| Install and configure:
You can manage SIP desk phones from Polycom, AudioCodes, Genesys, and Yealink using the SIP Device Management area of Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX). If you require this feature, then install and configure the following:
- Syslog server (mandatory)
- LDAP server (optional)
- NTP server (optional)
For details on the implementation, see Implement device management.
Feature Server provides three tools to help you size your environment:
- To calculate the database (embedded Cassandra) disk space requirements for voicemail and device management, enter your information in column B of the SIP Feature Server 8.1.2 Sizing Guide. The guide also calculates network disk space needed for device management functionality.
- To calculate sizing requirements that match your performance needs, use this Feature Server Sizing Tool.
- In the case of a co-located/external Cassandra, Feature Server requires a minimum of one Cassandra node per Feature Server pair. However, it is also based on the number of replicas that are required in a data center.
- For help with other sizing requirements, view Voicemail Performance Test Results.
If Genesys SIP Feature Server is configured with an external Cassandra cluster, then the Cassandra nodes require the following hardware and software.
|Operating System|| All Cassandra nodes in your environment must run on either Linux or Windows. You cannot mix Linux and Windows machines.
The clocks on all the Cassandra nodes and Feature Server must be synchronized.
|RAM||8 GB of RAM or above.|
|Runtime environment||For Cassandra 2.2.x, Java Runtime Environment (JRE) v1.7 64-bit or higher |
For Cassandra 3.x, Java Runtime Environment (JRE) v1.8 64-bit or higher
|User resource limits|| For Linux environment, ensure that the following user resource limits are present and use the ulimit -a command to view the current limits:
Feature Server Nodes
Feature Server uses the following default ports.
Cassandra nodes use the following default ports.
|7199 (External Cassandra) or 9192 (Embedded Cassandra)||JMX remote port|
|9042||CQL port (Cassandra v2.2)|