Installation of Docker on Alpine Linux
To install Docker on Alpine Linux, follow these steps:
- To install Docker on Alpine Linux, run apk add docker.
- ImportantThe Docker package is available in the Community repository. Therefore, if apk add fails because of unsatisfiable constraints error, you need to edit the /etc/apk/repositories file to add (or uncomment) a line. Community repository link: http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/latest-stable/community.
- To index the repository, run apk update.
- To start the Docker daemon at boot, run rc-update add docker boot.
- To start the Docker daemon manually, run service docker start.
- Execute service docker status to ensure the status is running.
For more details about installing Docker on Alpine, refer to https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Docker#Installation.
This page was last edited on August 13, 2020, at 07:30.