New in This Release
In release 8.1.1, SIP Server HA is enhanced with the following:
- Network status monitoring.
- Recovery after network failure.
- SIP Server itself controls execution of Virtual IP scripts.
- Support of HA using SIP Proxy.
- Support of secure data transfer using TLS.
- Version 18.104.22.168: Support of agents with nailed-up connections in Business Continuity deployments.
- Version 22.214.171.124: Support of Hunt Groups with the parallel distribution strategy (simultaneous ringing) in Business Continuity deployments.
- Version 126.96.36.199: Establishing nailed-up connection on agent login.
- Version 188.8.131.52: Shared Call Appearance is supported in Business Continuity deployments.
- Version 184.108.40.206: Enhanced Procedure for Upgrading SIP Server HA Pair.
- Version 220.127.116.11: Verifying Initialization Status in Backup SIP Servers.
- Version 18.104.22.168: Enhanced disaster recovery solution for outbound calls.
About SIP Server
SIP Server is the Genesys software component that provides an interface between your telephony hardware and the rest of the Genesys software components in your enterprise. It translates and keeps track of events and requests that come from, and are sent to, the telephony device. SIP Server is an IP-based server that can also act as a messaging interface between SIP Server clients. It is the critical point in allowing your Genesys solution to facilitate and track the contacts that flow through your enterprise.
This document primarily intended for system architects or administrators who are responsible for ensuring that systems, including SIP Server, are highly available. It has been written with the assumption that you have a basic understanding of:
- High-availability architecture
- Network design and operation
- Genesys Framework architecture and functions
- Your own network architecture and configurations