SIP Proxy-based HA Workflow
The workflow of a primary-to-backup switchover proceeds as follows:
- The primary SIP Server fails, disconnects, or a switchover is initiated manually.
- SIP Proxy detects the primary SIP Server failure (or disconnection) if one of the following occurs:
- The primary SIP Server stops responding to OPTIONS messages.
- SIP Proxy receives a SIP request from the backup SIP Server.
- SIP Proxy proxies all SIP traffic to the backup SIP Server which now runs in primary mode.
Note: Multiple independent Active-Active RM pairs may be deployed, although this configuration is not depicted here.
This page was last modified on May 3, 2018, at 14:39.