Instant Messaging in Business Continuity
Starting with release 22.214.171.124, Instant Messaging (IM) functionality is supported in multi-site and Business Continuity deployments. The IM functionality is performed through a T-Library client (Workspace Desktop). When an agent at the desktop makes an IM input, SIP Server receives a TPrivateService request. The IM is delivered to the desktop via EventPrivateInfo messages. A SIP INVITE dialog establishes the IM session between SIP Servers, and a SIP MESSAGE message delivers the IM sentence.
Supported Call Operations
The following call operations are supported within an IM session for multi-site calls:
- Direct calls between agents using TMakeCall
- On the Instant Messaging DN, in the [TServer] section, set the sip-signaling-chat option to none, so no SIP session with an agent endpoint is created for the IM call.
- For the IM solution to work, make sure the following configuration options are enabled (set to true) in the Workspace Desktop and Stat Server applications:
Note: If a URS/ORS application (a strategy) dedicated to serve IM calls uses CollectDigits or PlayAnouncementAndDigits treatments, the processing of these treatments should be started after the first EventPrivateInfo is received in the application's session. The SuspendForEvent URS function will suspend the strategy execution until URS receives the specified event. The Type parameter of the SuspendForEvent function must be set to the integer value 150 for EventPrivateInfo.
- In multi-site deployments, the route or direct-uui ISCC transaction types are required.
- Instant Messaging transfers are not supported in multi-site deployments.
- Instant Messaging conferences are not supported in multi-site deployments.
- When an IM call is routed across sites, SIP Server will pass the IM transcript to the remote site if an ISCC transaction precedes the actual routing (route or direct-uui), but it will not pass the IM transcript to the remote site if an ISCC transaction follows the actual routing (such as Call Overflow (COF)).