Voice Platform Media Control Platform Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Media Control Platform (MCP) now uses the following:
- ActiveMQ Client Library 3.9.3.
- Apache Xerces 3.2.1.
- Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) 2.1.0.
- A new parameter vrm.client.mrcpv2.proxy has been introduced to support MRCP v2 Proxy configuration in MCP. When this parameter is set to true, MRCPv2 resources added in the Connection tab of MCP are treated as MRCP v2 Proxy.
- This release of MCP has been tested against Nuance Speech Suite 11 for:
- Recognizer 11 (Tiers 2-4)
- Vocalizer 7
- Dragon Voice (provides support for open-dialog (virtual assistant) applications)
- ImportantAll Recognizer 10.x Languages are compatible with Recognizer 11 (Tiers 2 – 4), and Vocalizer 6 voices are compatible with Vocalizer 7; however, Speech Suite 11 requires a fresh installation and a new license file. For additional information about Nuance Speech Suite 11, please consult the Nuance Release Notes and Speech Suite documentation available with the Nuance software. For a replacement license file, please contact your Nuance support provider.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
Nuance 11 tier 5 call no longer fails after MCP restart. For Nuance 11 tier 5, the vrm.client.UniqueGramID parameter must be configured explicitly and set to true for the ASR application object. (GVP-38201)
MCP no longer halts due to an error event, such as a delayed ASR grammar load error during a DTMF based transfer. (GVP-37853)
VoiceXML applications can now specify the grammar rule name in the grammar URI of a local DTMF grammar that resides on the Media Control Platform and uses the "file://" URI scheme. Previously, this worked only if the grammar was hosted on a web server and used an HTTP URI. (GVP-37686)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.0.017.20.