Message Server 8.5.x Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features or enhancements:
- Support of MS SQL Always On with MultiSubnet Listener for disaster recovery and business continuity scenarios involving the Centralized Log Database. This support is enabled using the following configuration option, set in the Annex of the Log Database Access Point:
- Default Value: No
- Valid Values: Yes, No
- Changes Take Effect: At restart of Message Server
- Enables multisubnet failover using MS SQL Server 2016 and later for disaster recovery and business continuity scenarios involving the Centralized Log Database. When set to Yes, subnet failover is supported; when set to No, subnet failover is not supported.
- For more information about this feature and the new option, refer to MS SQL Always On with MultiSubnet Listener in the Framework Database Connectivity Reference Guide.
- To support MS SQL Server Native Client 11.0 on Windows, an alternate version of the dbclient_mysql file is provided in the dbclient_next subfolder. During installation, you must take a backup of the default version of the dbclient_msql file from the default installation folder and replace it with the dbclient_msql file from the dbclient_next folder, and then restart the application.
This release contains no resolved issues.
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 188.8.131.52.
This page was last edited on June 12, 2019, at 07:00.