Genesys Web Engagement Server Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- The Web Engagement Application templates now include the threadID in log files by default.
- Web Engagement no longer executes redundant database read operations while gathering input for its pacing calculations.
- The Web Engagement provisioning tool can now install the default list of Alarm objects in the Genesys Configuration Layer.
- Web Engagement Server now attaches all String and Integer data keys received with disposition results to the appropriate webengagement OM interaction. Previously, only dispositionCode was attached.
- You can now use the maxFormContentSize and maxFormKeys parameters to specify a size limit for HTTP requests that are sent to Web Engagement Server. These parameters are now available in ./server/webapps/server.xml, as shown in this example:
<!-- Limit POST request body size --> <Set name="maxFormContentSize">64000</Set> <Set name="maxFormKeys">200</Set>
- Web Engagement Server now validates all mandatory fields in incoming events, verifying that:
- The event is correctly formed JSON
- Mandatory fields are not null
- Mandatory fields are not empty
- Integer fields (such as timestamps) are integers
- GUID fields (such as visitID and globalVisitID) contain valid GUIDs
- The following fields are treated as mandatory:
- Web Engagement Server now supports a connection to the Interaction Server Proxy as an alternative to a direct connection to Interaction Server.
- Web Engagement Server now uses a white list of the URLs that are allowed for JSONP requests. This list is contained in the jsonp.whiteList option in the web configuration options section.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
The gdps-config-tool now converts keyspace names into lowercase characters, which ensures they are compatible with Web Engagement Server. (WM-7335)
Web Engagement Server no longer reads visit-related content in scenarios involving expired visits. (WM-7317)
Web Engagement Server was hardened so that throughput of static requests no longer degrades over time. (WM-7302)
The value displayed for the Top 5 Visited Pages metric is no longer twice as large as the actual value. (WM-7269)
The value for the Top 5 visited domains metric is now reported correctly. (WM-7267)
The value displayed for the Top 5 Rules metric is no longer twice as large as the actual value. (WM-7235)
Web Engagement's default Engagement Logic and Chat Routing SCXML strategies are now created with Composer 8.1.430.03. (WM-7126)
Web Engagement Server now prevents temporary blocking of processing threads due to extremely large numbers of unexpected engagement attempts. (WM-7080)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.000.42.