The Geo-location is based on the client IP address and this client IP address and its relevant geo-location coordinates are then stored in the History index.
The Administrator is able to configure the behavior of the geo-location for the cluster (cluster/reporting/geo) as:
- off - both IP and longitude and latitude are empty for historical records
- IP - only IP address is stored
- country - IP and country longitude and latitude of country are stored
- city (default) - IP and city longitude and latitude are stored
This stored data is used in the Kibana to visualize:
- a geo-map with requests heat indicators
- the top 10 countries
Path to the GeoIP database
Geo-location functionality requires a special database to translate an IP address to the geographical location of the customer. When Genesys Knowledge Center Server is installed it provides the database stored in <installation directory>\linguatools\geoip folder. The folder storing the database can be changed in the gks.yml file:
... path.geoip : <IP folder>/GeoIP/GeoLiteCity.dat ...
To update the database download the most recent version from https://www.maxmind.com and overwrite the file in the database folder. The Knowledge Center server needs to be restarted to work with the new database.