Default Value: all
Valid Values: A comma-separated list of valid roles
Changes Take Effect: After restart
Specifies the type of data that this ICON instance processes and stores in IDB. The option value must be lowercase. If you use uppercase letters in the option setting, the role defaults to all.
- all - Stores all types of data.
- cfg - Stores the initial configuration state and a history of configuration changes retrieved from Configuration Server.
- gcc - Stores interaction-related and party-related information; that is, T-Server and Interaction Server data that pertains to voice and multimedia interactions, and the parties associated with those interactions.
- gls - Stores T-Server and Interaction Server data that pertains to agent states and agent login sessions.
- gud - Stores T-Server and Interaction Server data that pertains to the attached data associated with calls.
- lrm - In an environment with License Reporting Manager, stores license reporting data.
- gos - In an environment with the Outbound Contact solution, stores OCS data that pertains to outbound calls and campaigns.
Prefixing an option value with a tilde (~) excludes that type of data from ICON processing, and includes all other types.
Configuring for High Availability
The High Availability (HA) model used in Interaction Concentrator differs significantly from the Genesys standard HA model implemented in a majority of Genesys servers. Before you configure your ICON HA deployment, review Implementing High Availability in the Interaction Concentrator User's Guide.
In an HA deployment, observe the following rules:
- You must set configuration options in both Interaction Concentrator Application objects exactly the same. Because this is not a typical redundant pair from the Genesys perspective, Configuration Server does not automatically synchronize the configuration options for two ICON applications.
- For example, to configure your redundant ICON Applications to store voice interaction data in a pair of HA IDBs:
- In both ICON Application objects, set the role configuration option so that it contains gcc and gud. This enables both ICON Applications to store call related and attached data.
- For any configuration options that affect the data populated by those roles, set the same option values in both ICON Applications. For example, the two applications must use the same ICON configuration options for virtual queue monitoring, storage of attached data, and so on.
- For more information about setting configuration options, refer to the other pages in this section.
- You must configure a connection to the same T-Server or Interaction Server in both ICON Application objects.
- You must create two identical IDBs. Genesys recommends using two databases located on different hosts, but having the same RDBMS type and version number, to host the HA pair of IDBs.
- You must configure a DAP for each ICON to access its IDB.
For more information about configuring applications and connections, see the Management Framework Deployment Guide.