Default Value: 0
Valid Values: 0, 1
Changes Take Effect: After restart
Specifies whether ICON synchronizes user data and call-termination timestamps in IDB, and whether ICON writes to the G_DSS_*_PROVIDER tables.
- 1 - ICON does not synchronize user data and call-termination timestamps in IDB. As a result, user data and call-termination data are stored independently in IDB. Also, ICON writes data to the G_DSS_*_PROVIDER tables.
- 0 - ICON synchronizes user data with call-termination data, or the call-termination data is updated only after user data is stored in IDB. Also, ICON does not write data to the G_DSS_*_PROVIDER tables.
The values true and false are also valid.
Default Value: all
Valid Values: A comma-separated list of valid roles
Changes Take Effect: After restart
Specifies the type of data that this ICON instance processes and stores in IDB. The option value must be lowercase. If you use uppercase letters in the option setting, the role defaults to all.
- all - Stores all types of data.
- cfg - Stores the initial configuration state and a history of configuration changes retrieved from Configuration Server.
- gcc - Stores interaction-related and party-related information; that is, T-Server and Interaction Server data that pertains to voice and multimedia interactions, and the parties associated with those interactions.
- gls - Stores T-Server and Interaction Server data that pertains to agent states and agent login sessions.
- gud - Stores T-Server and Interaction Server data that pertains to the attached data associated with calls.
- lrm - In an environment with License Reporting Manager, stores license reporting data.
- gos - In an environment with the Outbound Contact solution, stores OCS data that pertains to outbound calls and campaigns.
Prefixing an option value with a tilde (~) excludes that type of data from ICON processing, and includes all other types.
Configuring for LRM Data
If you are running Genesys License Reporting Manager (LRM), ICON enables you to store your LRM-specific data. This section explains the ICON-specific aspects of configuring ICON to work with LRM. For detailed information about LRM, see the Genesys License Reporting Manager documentation.
Configuring ICON to work with LRM requires that you set the appropriate value for the ICON role configuration option.
- The recommended approach is to use dedicated ICON instances set to the lrm role. If the ICON instance must be shared with reporting applications, then ICON should be set to the gls and gos roles, which can also support LRM. The lrm role should not be combined with the cfg role.
- If the role value is set to all, ICON stores LRM data. However, if you require only LRM data, setting the value to all results in the accumulation of large quantities of unusable data. Genesys recommends that you explicitly set the value to lrm to collect License Reporting data.
Configuring ICON to store LRM data
To configure ICON, perform the following steps:
- Designate the instance of ICON that will be used for LRM.
- Set the value of the role option to lrm.
- Start (or if applicable, restart) ICON to have the role option setting take effect.
- Role assignments must be configured using only lower case (for example, lrm). ICON interprets uppercase (LRM) or mixed case (Lrm) settings as invalid and defaults to the all role.
- When role=lrm, ICON:
- Does not write data for gcc or gud providers.
- Disregards data filtering options.
- Enforces having the use-dss-monitor option set to true.
- You can switch ICON to or from the lrm role at any time by changing the setting for the role option. Restart ICON to have the change take effect.
- If you are using Genesys Info Mart, do not try to connect it to the ICON and the associated IDB that stores the LRM data. The LRM–specific ICON–IDB set stores data in a specific subset of tables. As a result, Genesys Info Mart will fail to start when it finds the tables from which it extracts data to be empty.
- HA is supported just as for any other ICON role.