Creating Business Calendars
Follow these steps to create a new business calendar:
- Navigate to the rule package to which the business calendar will belong in the Explorer Tree (verify that you have selected the correct Tenant from the Tenant drop-down list).
- Select Business Calendars under the rule package in the Explorer Tree.
- Click New Calendar.
- The ID field is populated automatically. This is not editable.
- Enter a Name for the business calendar. Use something descriptive that will make it easier to identify the rule, such as Regular Work Week.
- Select which day of the week the week starts on (such as Monday).
- Select the ending day of the week (such as Friday).
- Enter the start time (such as 9:00 AM).
- Enter the end time (such as 5:00 PM). If the end time is earlier than the start time, it is assumed that the workday spans midnight.
- Select which time zone applies to this business calendar.
- If necessary, you can configure business calendar rules for your new business calendar.
- In the lower pane, click .
- A new row will appear in the Business Calendar Rules panel. Enter a Name for the rule, such as New Year's Day.
- Select the Entry Type for the rule, such as Holiday.
- Select the Calendar Placement, such as Annual for New Year's Day, or Relative for Memorial Day. You might also need to configure a Fixed holiday, for example, if the holiday will be observed on a different day one year, because the actual holiday falls on a non-working day.
- Enter the parameters for the rule, such as the specific date (January 1, for New Year's Day), or the x day of a specific month (such as the third Monday in May, for Memorial Day).
- Click Save.
This page was last modified on May 23, 2014, at 00:38.