Copying Linear Rules
You can copy a linear rule and paste that copy in the same rule package, either on the same or a different node. Follow these steps to copy a linear rule:
- Navigate to the rule package to which the linear rule belongs in the Explorer Tree (verify that you have selected the correct Tenant from the Tenant drop-down list). Select the correct node in the Explorer Tree (the level at which the rule was defined) and click on the Rules tab.
- Locate the rule in the list, select it, and select Copy Rule from the drop-down in the lower panel.
- If you want the copy to be in the same node, click Paste Rule.
- If you want the copy to be in a different node, select that node in the Explorer Tree, click the Rules tab, and click Paste Rule.
ImportantIf you wish to move the rule to another location, first copy, then paste, then go back and delete the original. The system will not allow you to paste a rule after it has been deleted from the repository.
- Update the information as needed and click Save. Refer to Creating Linear Rules for details about the fields that can be updated.
ImportantWhen you make any modifications to the body of a rule, you "lock" the rule, which prevents others from being able to make changes to the same rule at the same time. The unsaved icon will appear on the rule summary to alert you that you need to save your changes. For any other user, the locked icon appears on the rule summary and the Save and Cancel buttons are disabled. In addition, other users are unable to make changes to the rule because it is marked "read only".
When editing rules, be careful not to clear your browsing history or cookie data, as this might cause the rule to be stuck in a locked state. Unsaved changes could be lost.