For the 8.1.x release, Genesys Mobile Services allows you to develop mobile applications that take advantage of Genesys capabilities.
Every Genesys product also includes a Release Note that provides any late-breaking product information that could not be included in the manual. This product information can often be important. To view it, open the
read_me.html file in the application home directory, or follow the link under the Release Information section of the product page to download the latest Release Note for this product.
What You Should Know
This guide is written for software developers and application architects who intend to create mobile applications that interact with Genesys environments. Before working with Genesys Mobile Services, you should have an understanding of:
- computer-telephony integration (CTI) concepts, processes, terminology, and applications
- mobile concepts and programming
- network design and operation
- your own network configurations
- Genesys Framework architecture
In addition to being familiar with your existing Genesys environment, it is a good idea to be aware of some of the security issues that are involved with deploying a Genesys Mobile Services-based solution. That information and an overview of the deployment topology are discussed under Security.
To work with Genesys Mobile Services, you must ensure that your system meets the software requirements established in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Manual, as well as meeting the following minimum requirements:
- 4 GB RAM, or greater
- Windows Server 2003 (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 (32-bit, 64-bit compatibility mode)
- Linux — Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 5
- Orchestration Server (release 22.214.171.124 or later) installed and running, with an HTTP port enabled in the related Application object.
|Note: For a full list of supported operating systems and databases, see the Supported Operating Environment Reference Manual.|
- Genesys Mobile Services API Reference
- Genesys Mobile Services Developer's Guide
- Orchestration Server documentation