The Genesys Administrator Extension web-based interface runs on a web application server. It is loaded into your browser each time that you open the website where you installed Genesys Administrator Extension. You then log in.
Genesys Administrator Extension supports the use of blank passwords only if Configuration Server is configured to allow blank passwords. Refer to the Genesys Security Deployment Guide
for information about using blank passwords.
Procedure: Logging in to Genesys Administrator Extension
- Configuration DB Server and Configuration Server are installed and running.
- An instance of a Genesys Administrator Extension Application object is connected to Configuration Server and running.
- Your browser and its windows are set to a resolution of 1024x768 or greater. If you are working in 1024x768, maximize the browser.
- The user logging in must have Read permission to their own User object and Read and Execute permissions on the Genesys Administrator Extension client object. Refer to the Genesys Security Deployment Guide for information about permissions. Genesys Administrator Extension respects read-write permissions that are set for Environments and Tenants. You can only access those objects that you have permission to see.
- Start GAX.
- Open a web browser.
- Enter the following URL in the address bar of the browser:
where <Host name> is the name of the computer on which you installed Genesys Administrator Extension. The port number is the port that was defined when setting up GAX in Deploying Genesys Administrator Extension.
- Log in to Genesys Administrator Extension with your assigned user name and password, and click Log in.
Each instance of Genesys Administrator Extension is associated with a single instance of Management Framework; Configuration Server and Port selection is not required during login, nor is it possible to select it.
If you get a permissions error, refer to Required Permissions for instructions.
Your login name is displayed in the Header Bar of the Genesys Administrator Extension window. Select About in the Profile menu to see when you last logged in.
The date and time of the local machine and the Management Framework machine must be synchronized for the last login time to be accurate.
- Your account might be configured to set a new password the first time that you log in, or after a system administrator has reset your password. The Change Password dialog box is displayed:
- Enter a new password in the New Password field.
- Enter the same password in the Confirm Password field.
- Click OK.
category:Genesys Administrator Extension
category:Genesys Administrator Extension Deployment Guide