Platform SDK for Java Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Platform SDK for Java now allows you to substitute a new transport layer for the protocol instance.
- The new PSDKRuntime.awaitTermination helper method has been added, allowing your application to wait until all Platform SDK activity has terminated before performing additional shutdown processes. (PSDK-8394)
Note: Before this new method is called, the following conditions must be true:
- all Platform SDK channels must be closed
- all Platform SDK invokers (created or requested by a user) must be released as many times as they were requested
- all Platform SDK periodic timer tasks (scheduled by a user) must be canceled.
- You can now hide attributes in msg.ToString() output for protocol messages, and in complex attributes that extend CompoundValue or AbstractPrintable.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
Automatic updates now work correctly for configuration objects that are stored in DefaultConfCache with an update subscription. (PSDK-8367)
FlexChatProtocol no longer modifies messages in the background after they have been made available to user applications. Previously, it was possible for EventInfo messages to be returned to the application before the Text or NoticeText values were set. (PSDK-8374)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.300.02.