Platform SDK for Java Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- The Local Control Agent protocol handshake has been extended with following parameters: AutoRestart, Workdir, CmdLine, CmdParams, Version, CheckTimeInterval, StartupTimeout, ShutdownTimeout, and AppParams.
- JSON serialization now optionally includes message name.
- JSON message serializers are now provided for all Platform SDK protocols using the PsdkJsonSerializer class.
- JSON serialization functionality has been extended to support raw attributes of protocol messages and ProtocolUnknownMessage.
- The FlexChat protocol has been upgraded to version 104, which includes a new UserData KVList attribute in the FlexTranscript EventInfo event and the new SystemCommand notice type.
- Support was added for Windows 10.
- The Configuration Server protocol can now send events and receive requests.
- TLSConfigurationHelper now supports Java KeyStore (JKS).
- Platform SDK logging functionality has been extended with an LMS events logging interface, the ability to work with LMS files, and automatic events delivery to Message Server.
- The Platform SDK Application Template Application Block now supports the Log4j2 logging configuration as defined by the Application Common logging configuration options in Configuration Manager.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
The COM Application Block ConfServiceFactory and ConfService classes have been corrected to track Endpoint changes when using the WarmStandby Application Block on a Configuration Server protocol connection. (PSDK-8329)
The TLS Configuration helper has been improved to support host name checking in the TLS encryption-only mode. (PSDK-8310)
Control over connection states has been improved in the event of a lost connection. (PSDK-8306, PSDK-8295)
JSON serialization for protocols messages now skips compound structures for internal, supplemental data. (PSDK-8237)
The logic for comparing protocol messages no longer takes into account hidden attributes (including passwords) and internal compound structures. (PSDK-8230, PSDK-8236)
Client acceptance by the Platform SDK ServerChannel class is not affected by DNS resolution lags. (PSDK-8284)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.201.04.