|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Platform SDK for Java Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- The Platform SDKs now support Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 64-bit.
- ClientChannel can now hand off control of its open/close operations to a third party through the creation of an instance of interface ConnectionOperations. The method disableConnectionOperations returns this instance only once. After creation of this instance, any another attempts to get this instance, open or close the channel or set its Endpoint directly will throw DisabledMethodException.
- Configuration Server enumerations have been updated to include new application types KnowledgeCenter and KnowledgeCenterCMS.
- Descendants of ClientChannel now have an asynchronous open/close operation that returns Future interface.
- Channel opened and channel closed events now provide information about the related endpoint.
- Interaction Server protocol has been updated to contain new v8.5.1 server attributes in RequestGetWorkbinContent. These attributes can be used for filtering, ordering, and to limit the number of returned interactions.
- warmstandbyappblock.jar has been extended with a new application block located in the package com.genesyslab.platform.standby.*. This application block allows you to easily control the process of connecting and reconnecting to the server. The new application block operates with a pool of the server’s addresses and sequentially tries to connect to the server using the given addresses until a successful attempt or until all addresses in the pool are processed.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
This release fixes the CfgObject.clone() method. CfgObject fields are now properly cloned with the type CfgStructure. (PSDK-7753)
The redundant internal finalization method DuplexChannel.finalize() has been removed. (PSDK-7745)
Common PSDK enumeration value mapping logic has been corrected and no longer relies on JVM Locale. PSDK now uses the English Locale for upper case to lower case transformations. This eliminates side effects of the non-standard Turkish locale such as specific upper case to lower case transformations of the Latin letter 'I'/'i' in PSDK enumeration constants. (PSDK-7708, PSDK-7712)
WarmStandbyConfiguration now allows a timeout value of 0. A 0 timeout value will run a reconnection task immediately. (PSDK-7687)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.101.06.