Genesys Softphone Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Genesys Softphone now uses the pjNAT library for improved ICE, STUN, and TURN support.
- The payload type for the telephone event is now set correctly in the SDP Answer. Previously, Genesys Softphone put in the SDP Answer the payload type selected from a previous offer instead of using the payload type delivered in the last SDP offer, causing problems with equipment that does not support asymmetric RTP payloads.
- You can now configure the Domain to be specified in the SIP REGISTER request separately from the address when this request is sent by using the domain option of the proxies sections.
- Single sign-on with WWE—agents can now use their Workspace Web Edition (WWE) credentials to connect Softphone and use it as their SIP endpoint.
- Softphone connector for WWE—this connector simplifies deployment by reducing configuration and allowing WWE to set or override Softphone settings. You can now install Genesys Softphone as a single set of files (binaries and configuration) across your entire organization, which makes deployment compliant with Software Push technologies.
This release contains no resolved issues.
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.300.04.
This page was last modified on July 20, 2017, at 07:36.