Welcome to the Developer's Guide!
This guide offers a collection of articles that will help you get started with Platform SDK development.
For detailed information about the Platform SDKs, please refer to the Platform SDK API Reference for your specific release.
The following articles give information about common Platform SDK functionality and protocol usage that all developers should be aware of:
- Introducing the Platform SDK
- Architecture of the Platform SDK
- Connecting to a Server
- Configuring Platform SDK Channel Encoding for String Values
- Using the Warm Standby Application Block
- Event Handling
- Setting Up Logging in Platform SDK
Advanced Platform SDK Topics
The following articles provide details about advanced Platform SDK features you may want to take advantage of:
- Using Kerberos Authentication in Platform SDK
- Secure Connections Using TLS
- Lazy Parsing of Message Attributes
- Telephony (T-Server)
- Stat Server
- Interaction Server
- Universal Contact Server
- E-Mail Server
- Management Layer
- Routing Server
Topics in this section are no longer applicable for new development, but are maintained here for backwards compatibility.
- Using the Message Broker Application Block
- Event Handling Using the Message Broker Application Block
- Using the Protocol Manager Application Block
- Connecting to a Server Using the Protocol Manager Application Block
- Explicitly Choosing a Netty or Mina Connection Layer
The following page contains reference materials that may be useful when developing applications with Platform SDK, including links to related documents and downloadable code samples.