To support the Optimizer, Moodle configuration, a new external service plugin must be added to Moodle. Follow the steps below to create this service.
- Login to your Moodle instance as an administrator.
- Browse to the External services page from the Home > Site Administration > Plugins > Web Services menu.
- Click the Add link to add a new External Service.
- Enter a name, short name in the new External service form and set the service to be enabled and (optionally) set to allow Authorized users only. Then click the Add service button.
- From the External services menu, locate the new service and click the Functions link.
- Click the Add functions link.
- Search and add the following functions to the new service:
- Return to the External services page.
- Click the Authorized users link for the new service.
- Create a new user and move user to the left part of the page (so that they are listed in the Authorized users pane). Alternatively, an existing user can be used. Note: the authorized user must have site admin privileges.
- Browse to the Manage Protocols page from the Site Administration > Advanced Features > Plugins > Web Services menu.
- If the REST protocol is not enabled, enable it and click the Save changes button.
- Browse to the Manage Token page from the Site Administration > Advanced Features > Plugins > Web Services menu.
- Click the Add link.
- Search for the user who was previously authorised to use the new service in the Search bar and select the user from the results.
- Select the new service from the Service dropdown, leave the IP restriction field empty and the valid until control disabled, then click Save changes.
- Once the token is created, make a note of the token code as this is required in the Optimizer configuration
This page was last modified on July 16, 2018, at 12:17.