If you have a large quantity of data to migrate from WFM 6.5 to WFM 8.5.x (in fact, to WFM 7.6 or higher), you might choose to do a two-step migration—also known as a large data set migration. Any migration interrupts performance data collection; using this procedure ensures only the smallest amount of data is lost.
During a two-step migration, the WFM 6.5 Data Aggregator continues to run, collecting performance data for the migration period. This performance data is then transferred into the 8.5.x database during a second migration. This second migration takes a relatively brief time, and results in a minimal amount of uncollected data.
Procedure: Two-Step Migration
Purpose: To minimize the loss of real-time data while migrating your database.
Summary: In this procedure, 8.x.x represents the particular release that you are migrating to—for example, 8.5.x.
Prerequisites: You are currently running WFM 6.5 and migrating to WFM 8.x.x.
Start of Procedure
- Shut down all WFM 6.5 components except Data Aggregator.
- Perform the database migration as described in Procedure: Updating WFM 8.x or higher or Procedure: Updating WFM 7.x or higher, depending on the release, to which you are updating.
- Start the WFM 8.x.x Data Aggregator.
This ensures that new performance data is captured and written to the 8.x.x database during the time it takes to perform the performance data migration.
- Optional: Shut down WFM 6.5 Data Aggregator. Shutting down WFM 6.5 Data Aggregator will make migration of the remaining 6.5 data faster.
- Shut down WFM 8.x.x Database Utility.
- Create the AllowMigratePerformance option in the WFM 8.x.x Database Utility application in Genesys Configuration Manager.
. (The WFM Database Utility uses the same Application object as the WFM Configuration Utility and is referred to as the Client Applicaton.)
- Set the AllowMigratePerformance option value to 1.
- Start your WFM 8.x.x Database Utility.
- Select the Migrate Performance Data option in the WFM Database Utility and follow the instructions on the wizard screens to perform the migration.
- Repeat the process for all computers that are to run a WFM server.