SpeechMiner 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 Upgrade Procedure
This document explains how to upgrade SpeechMiner from version 8.5.005.01 to version 8.5.006.00.
- Request the newest 8.5.006.00 software from Genesys.
- Verify that you are working with English US localization settings. You can not upgrade using localization settings that are not English US.
- When upgrading to a later build for the same version, SMUpgrade is not required. Contact Genesys Customer Care to verify if you need an SQL script for the specific upgrade.
The following checklist summarizes all the procedures required for upgrading SpeechMiner. Make sure to complete all of the required procedures.
|Item to Check||Details|
|Check for Customization||If any customizations were implemented on your database, make sure that they are part of the new version, or that they can be used in the new version without changes. Contact Genesys Customer Care for assistance.|
The following table lists the approximate times required to complete the upgrade steps:
|Stop the system (step 1)||10 minutes|
|Back up the database (step 3)||15 minutes (the larger the database the more time this step will take)|
|Configure and start the system (steps 13 to end)||40 minutes|
- Close all browsers and SpeechMiner applications.
- Stop the Uplatform service.
- Back up the SpeechMiner 8.5.005.01 database in the SQL server.
- Uninstall SpeechMiner 8.5.005.01 (build 7188).
- Copy the entire FullInstaller folder to your local server.
- Install the new SpeechMiner 8.5.006.00 (build 7214).
- Reboot your machine.
- Run the following database query:
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[callEventsAuditTbl] DROP CONSTRAINT [FK_callEventsAuditTbl_callMetaTbl] GO IF EXISTS(SELECT * FROM sys.procedures WHERE NAME = 'sp_get_old_audio') BEGIN DROP PROCEDURE sp_get_old_audio END GO CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[sp_get_old_audio] (@audioFormat AS INT,@siteId AS INT,@fromCallId AS INT=0,@lastCallId AS INT OUTPUT) AS BEGIN CREATE TABLE #ret (callId int, storeMode int, folder varchar(256), filename varchar(256)) DECLARE @retentionPeriod int SELECT @retentionPeriod=retentionPeriod FROM siteAudioFormatsTbl where siteId=@siteId and audioFormatId=@audioFormat IF @retentionPeriod >= 0 BEGIN DECLARE @retentionTod int SELECT @retentionTod=dbo.time2tod(DATEADD(hour,0-@retentionPeriod,GETUTCDATE())) INSERT INTO #ret SELECT TOP (1000) WITH TIES ca.callid,storeMode,folder,[filename] FROM callAudioTbl ca WITH (nolock) JOIN callstatustbl AS cs WITH (nolock) ON ca.callid=cs.callid WHERE ca.siteId = @siteId AND ca.format = @audioFormat AND ca.owner = 0 AND cs.endRecTime <> 0 AND cs.arrivalTime<@retentionTod AND ca.callid NOT IN (SELECT callid FROM callcategorytbl WITH (nolock) WHERE categoryid IN (SELECT categoryid FROM categoryinfotbl WITH (nolock) WHERE isManual = 1)) AND ca.callId NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT callId FROM coachingStaticCallListCalls WITH (nolock)) AND ca.callId > @fromCallId ORDER BY callId END SELECT @lastCallId = MAX(callId) from #ret SELECT * FROM #ret DROP TABLE #ret END update dbo.versionTbl set version= '8.5.7204' where resource in ('SM', 'SMART') go
- Deploy SQLCLR: Using SQL management, run the commands that are in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Genesys\Software\Support\sqlclr.sql script in the SpeechMiner 8.5.005.01 database.
- Run SMConfig and connect to the database that was upgraded.
- Click Save in Sites & Machines.
- Deploy the reports (not required for recording only installations).
- Update MRSLibrary.dll on the Report server.
- In the SpeechMiner Configuration Tool 8.5.0 > Services select the following:
- Under Services select:
- Create Performance Counters
- Register services
- Update config files
- Encrypt config files
- Under Select/Deselect All select the relevant machine.
- Select Restart Services and select change status to run from the drop down list.
- Under Services select:
- Open the SpeechMiner Web and check its functionality.
This page was last edited on April 11, 2018, at 11:27.
Comments or questions about this documentation? Contact us for support!