Genesys Co-browse Server Release Notes
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Co-browse now always enforces synchronization of image dimensions. Even when an agent's browser is unable to load an image, the image stays the same size as in the customer's browser.
- Co-browse now logs when a session ends when using info level for logging. Previously, Co-browse in info level only logged when a session was created, and session end was logged with the debug level.
- You can now control and limit third-party iframes for agents in a Co-browse session. Use the allowedThirdPartyDomains option to configure third-party iframes. Also see, Co-browsing in iframes.
- Co-browse no longer synchronizes input elements with type hidden. This leads to better stability and decreases traffic consumption within website frameworks which rely heavily on storing application state information in hidden fields.
- Support for Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) in Co-browse sessions.
- Reduced message size for Co-browse sessions reduces network traffic by 1.25-1.5 times, depending on the website.
- Co-browse's jQuery library never conflicts with the jQuery library of your website.
- You do not require jQuery for Co-browse to work.
- Support for the following browsers. See Browser Support for: Genesys Co-browse User Interface on the Supported Operating Environment: Genesys Co-browse page for more detailed information and a list of all supported browsers.
- Safari 9
- Safari 10
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 operating system. See the Supported Operating Environment: Genesys Co-browse page for more detailed information and a list of all supported operating systems.
- Genesys Co-browse is deprecating support for the Built-in Chat Widget.
- Support for the following browsers is deprecated and will be dropped in 9.0:
- Internet Explorer 9
- Internet Explorer 10
This release contains the following resolved issues:
Configuration options for the Cassandra retention policy have new names:
These options replace retention.entity.livesessionentity, retention.entity.sessionhistoryentity, and retention.entity.windowhistoryentity.
Note that the names of these option changed in 8.5.003.04 but the templates contained old names until this release. (CB-4072)
Co-browse JavaSript no longer throws an unhandled exception for certain circumstances in IE10. (CB-3915)
Data-masked fields no longer disappear from a page during a Co-browse session when the page uses certain versions of the Prototype.js library. (CB-3875)
Increased stability of CSS Synchronization. Now, Co-browse handles more types of CSS errors without affecting co-browse sessions. (CB-3874), (CB-3590)
Previously, Co-browse could stop working in Safari (both desktop and mobile) when using the back or forward buttons. This was due to Safari's aggressive Back-Forward Cache implementation.
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 220.127.116.11.