Genesys Decisions Release Notes
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Advanced Forecasting — Genesys Decisions now connects to the Decisions Cloud Service. The Decisions application sends historical data to the service. Based on that data, the service determines outliers and missing data, and determines which forecasting method to use and which parameters to use with the selected method. The results are then returned to Decisions and displayed. The following additional functionality is included with the new Decisions Forecasting module:
- Apply Forecast Scenarios to Planning Scenarios — Once you are satisfied with your forecast scenario and its results, you can apply that scenario to your planning scenario. In the Decisions application, you publish the forecast scenario so it can be selected from a list and applied to a planning scenario. Applying a forecast scenario populates the planning scenario metrics with the forecast results.
- Forecast Modifications — The forecast results that are returned from the Decisions Cloud Service are based on your historical data. If there are future events planned, such as a marketing release that will increase call volume by 10%, then you can apply modifications to the forecast results to take the future events into account, as well as the historical data. In addition, the Forecast module includes a modification that copies historical values and enters that data as forecast values. The modification can copy historical data for as much as the entire previous year. The Forecast module uses the week of the year to determine which historical values to use in the modification.
- View Detailed Forecast Data — In addition to showing the results of a forecast scenario, you can also use the Decisions application to see the forecast model used for the results, the parameters selected for that model, the forecast error, and the points that were designated as outliers and missing.
- View Historical Values used to Generate Forecast Results — In the Decisions Forecasting module, you can view the historical values (both as a graph and in tabular format) that the Decisions Cloud Service used to generate results. Use this information to help you understand what was happening in the past that contributed to the resulting forecast.
This release contains no resolved issues.
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.0.000.01.
This page was last edited on October 3, 2018, at 13:50.