New in this Release
Check out the new features that have been added in the latest releases of Platform SDK.
New in Release 8.1.3
- Outbound Contact Protocol Updates - The OptimizationMethod enumeration now includes the MaximumGain value.
- Updated Platform Support - The Platform SDKs now support Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit Native.
- Documentation Changes - Developer articles that were previously located inside the API Reference guides for the Platform SDKs have been moved to the Developer's Guide on this website.
- Configuration Protocol Updates - This protocol includes the following improvements:
- The ability to request and receive abbreviated information about configuration objects using the RequestGetBriefInfo and related EventBriefInfo classes.
- The Configuration Object Model Application Block has been expanded to support the new classes described above, and to expose the lightweight CfgAccessGroupBrief, CfgPersonBrief, and CfgTenantBrief structures.
- Character-encoding is now set up automatically when a protocol object is opened.
- Improved Error Handling - Additional exceptions have been introduced to provide more accurate error handling, as shown below. These exceptions are backwards compatible with previously thrown exceptions.
- ChannelClosedOnCloseException extends IllegalStateException - Created when trying to close an already closed channel.
- ChannelClosedOnSendException extends IllegalStateException - Created when trying to send data through a closed channel.
- PsdkConnectionException extends IllegalStateExceptions - Thrown from the Commons.Connection layer to provide information about specific connection problems.
- ChannelNotOpenedException extends IllegalStateExceptions - Thrown from the Commons.Protocol layer to provide information about an unsupported operation for a channel that is not open.
- ChannelNotClosedException extends IllegalStateExceptions - Thrown from the Commons.Protocol layer to provide information about unsupported operation for channel that is not closed.
- NoChannelEndpointException extends IllegalStateExceptions - Thrown from the Commons.Protocol layer to provide information about not assigned endpoint for channel.
- ChannelReceiverInitializationException extends IllegalStateExceptions - Thrown from the Commons.Protocol layer to provide information about receiver initialization problems.
- PSDKJMXException extends IllegalStateExceptions - Thrown from the Commons layer to inform about some JMX initialization problem.
- HeartbeatCounterException extends PSDKJMXException - Thrown from the Commons layer to inform about some HeartbeatCounter-specific JMX problem.
- DateTimeParseException extends IllegalArgumentException - Thrown from some Protocol layers to inform about date-time parsing problem.
- ChannelClosedOnCloseException : ProtocolException - Created when trying to close a channel that is already closed.
- ChannelClosedOnSendException : ProtocolException - Created when trying to send data through a closed channel.
- ChannelClosedOnReceiveException : ProtocolException - Created when trying to receive data from closed channel (ServerChannel).
New in Release 8.1.2
- Contact Server Protocol Updates - This protocol has been expanded to support the latest UCS abilities and to allow lightweight requests that return document details without receiving actual binary content.
- SIP Clustering Support - Voice Platform SDK now supports SIP Cluster Private Service calls with the TServerPrivateServiceMessages helper class.
- Improved LCA Connection Monitoring - The LCA protocol in Management Platform SDK has been extended to support notification messages regarding the state of an SCS-to-LCA connection.
- International Character Support - KeyValueCollections now allow for strings with Unicode and non-Unicode encoding to be mixed.
- Enhancements to the Application Template Application Block - This application block now allows protocol options to be read from your Genesys Configuration options.
- Updated Platform Support - The Platform SDKs now support the following additional platforms and versions:
- .NET Framework 4.5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 64-bit
- Library Repackaging - The Platform SDK installation package has been updated to include a legacy folder for deprecated libraries and related materials. Third-party libraries required for client development have also been repackaged for developer convenience.
New in Release 8.1.1
TipUpdates to the Platform SDK API Reference for the 8.1.1 Maintenance Release are available exclusively as downloads from the API Reference page.
- OSGi support - Platform SDK for Java JAR files now provide a valid OSGi manifest and can be used as bundles in OSGi containers (like Equinox and Karaf) without additional modifications. The manifest exposes public Platform SDK APIs so that OSGi consumer services can use the same variety of Platform SDK functionality as non-OSGi clients.
- Improved Event-Receiving Mechanism - Programmers can now set a callback for handling protocol events, which is executed by the configured protocol invoker. This creates an easy and efficient way to implement event-handling logic, and supports different types of threading architecture. Previously, programmers needed to either use an event-handling thread or integrate the Message Broker Application Block into the threading architecture.
- Secure Connections: TLS (Transport Layer Security) - Platform SDK now supports secure connections to Genesys servers using TLS. Connections to Genesys servers can be authenticated and encrypted, ensuring that sensitive data is protected when transmitted.
Note: This implementation of TLS for Java is incompatible with the previous 8.1.0 release. For documentation related to TLS, please refer to online Genesys Documentation.
- Improved Methods for Connection Configuration - New, strongly-typed and easily discoverable methods have been introduced to configure connection parameters, improving the usability and robustness of Platform SDK APIs.
- Common base class for T-Server events - T-Server event classes now inherit from a common base class, allowing client code to inspect common T-Server Event attributes by using the base class. Previously, users would need to cast to the specific event type or access the attribute in a weakly-typed manner.
- Change Password at Login Feature - When logging in to Configuration Server, Platform SDK now checks if a user is required to update their password and includes a new method to update passwords when the protocol is opened.
- IPv6 Support - Platform SDK can now use IPv6 for connections.
- Updated platform compatibility - Now includes support for the following platforms:
- Java SE 7
- .NET 4.0
- (Java) Asynchronous Request Method - Protocols in Java now offer a new method for submitting a request and getting notified of the response through a callback. Support client asynchronous programming model which is beneficial for application responsiveness and for server efficiency.
- (Java) Application Template Application Block - This application block has been fully redesigned to contain helper classes for configuring connections. It creates either an Endpoint or WarmStandbyConfiguration object with the connection configuration parameters initialized. The helper classes use Genesys Configuration Server details received from Configuration Object Model Application Block objects as a source for configuration settings.
Note: The Application Template Application Block is designed to work with changes to the implementation of TLS. Because of these changes, it is not compatible with previous releases.
New in Release 8.1.0
- LCA Protocol Extensions - Expose improved application monitoring capabilities.
- Lazy Message Parsing - Lazy message parsing allows parsing of messages to be delayed until actually necessary.
- Application Template Application Block - This application block creates a framework for building an application which integrates with Management Layer and Configuration Server to provide core Genesys functionality.
- Support for Switch Versions in Switch Policy Library (SPL) - Switch functionality can vary between different versions of the same switch type. SPL now provides an API which allows user to specify the switch version and receive the data specific to the given version.
- Profiling Services - The Platform SDK now provides profiling services to help evaluate SDK performance.
- Improved OS Support - The Platform SDKs now support the following additional operating systems and versions:
- HP-UX 11i v3 Integrity
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 64-bit
- IBM AIX 7 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 64-bit
This page was last modified on November 19, 2013, at 08:37.