Default Value: 720
Valid Values: Any integer from 20 to 525,600 (one year)
Changes Take Effect: Immediately for all new interactions submitted to URS
Specifies the timeout, in minutes, for any interaction to remain with URS before its routing is considered a failure.
Default Value: 180
Valid Values: Any integer from 20 to 1,440 (24 hours)
Changes Take Effect: Immediately
Specifies the handling timeout (in minutes) for any interaction. If no requests are received from an agent who handles the interaction during this time interval, the agent application is considered inactive and the interaction is revoked and returned to the queue. This option applies to requests between the desktop application and Interaction Server only. Value changes do not affect interactions that are already being handled.
Default Value: 30
Valid Values: Any integer from 1 to 86,400 (24 hours)
Changes Take Effect: Immediately
Specifies the timeout, in seconds, for an agent to accept an interaction that is being delivered to him or her. If the agent does not respond before the timeout expires, the interaction is revoked and returned to the queue from which it was taken by Universal Routing Server.
Interaction Server Limitations
- Interaction Server does not support the following requests:
- RequestDeletePair (when URS sends this request after RequestRouteCall)
- It is not desirable to run Interaction Server in an environment in which servers and clients differ as to the codepages used (by operating systems or databases). In such an environment, characters of non-Latin alphabets may appear as the symbol ? (question mark) in log files and in applications with a user interface, such as Agent Desktop. The functionality of other features of the solution may also be restricted or compromised.
- Making an on-the-fly change to the host or port specification (on the Server Info tab) of a backup Interaction Server will cause it to exit.
- Interactions Server dropped support for DB Server in the 8.5.3 release. Therefore, the previous known limitations related to DB Server are no longer applicable.
- Starting in release 8.1.3, the scripts supplied with Interaction Server for Oracle databases create the flexible_properties field with the type BLOB. To support this feature, you must use DB server 8.1.1 and above with Oracle client 10.2 and above.
- Take these precautions when configuring Interaction Server for high availability (HA).
- The interaction state timeouts set by the following options are not exact and can be delayed for up to 10 seconds due to the way they are implemented.
- You cannot use commas ( , ) and semicolons ( ; ) in interaction queue names.
Interaction Ordering in Clusters
For the ordering of interactions to work correctly in RequestGetWorkbinContent, RequestFindInteractions and RequestTakeSnaphot in cluster environments, the following conditions must be met:
- All Interaction Server nodes in the cluster must use the same type of database.
- The database encoding and collation must be the same for all the databases used by Interaction Server.
- The encoding used by all the cluster nodes must be the same. Genesys recommends using UTF-8 for Interaction Server. (Interaction Server Proxy neither requires nor allows setting UTF-8 specifically).
- The ordering may contain only predefined interaction properties (a list is provided below) and defined interaction custom properties. The field names may also be used interchangeably with the corresponding property names.
In addition, these conditions are important because the Business Process definition (view conditions and orders) may be specific to the particular database type, and all nodes within the cluster use the same business process.
Below is a list of the field names and corresponding predefined interaction property names that can be used in the attributes that specify interaction order:
|Field name||Property name|
The following limitations apply to RequestGetWorkbinContent ordering:
- The max-workbin-content option in Interaction Server Proxy must be less than or equal to the minimum possible value of the same option among all nodes.
- Ordering conditions in views related to workbin queues must contain valid interaction field/property names.
- Functions (for example, getutdata() or _length) in views related to workbin queues are not supported. Otherwise, sorting occurs by received_at, id.