Event Logger Options
This section provides short descriptions of the DAP options that configure the Event Logger’s behavior. See the eServices 8.1 Reference Manual for full details.
batch-size—Defines the minimum number of records to store in internal
memory before flushing to the database. Valid values are 1–5,000; the default
max-queue-size—Defines the maximum number of records that are kept in memory while waiting to be written to the database. If the number of records exceeds this maximum, the data are discarded from memory and are not written to the database. Valid values are 10,000–100,000; the default is 20,000.
storing-timeout—Defines a time interval, in milliseconds, between operations of writing to the database. Valid values are 500–60,000; the default is 1,000.
schema-name—Specifies the name of the schema used to access the database.
This section contains options that list custom events by their identifiers and specify which table (interaction, agent or custom) stores them.
This section contains seven options, six of which are named for one of the endpoint types that is referred to in the classification of events:
With the value false, events associated with the named endpoint type are filtered out. For example, setting log-queue to a value of false prevents the events EventPlacedInQueue, EventPlacedInWorkbin, EventTakenFromQueue, and EventTakenFromWorkbin from being stored. The remaining two options in this section are:
- log-userdata—With the value false, data from custom fields is filtered out.
- event-filter-by-id—A list of comma-separated event identifiers. Only these events are stored in Event Logger. If this option is not present or contains no event identifiers, event filtering by identifier is not applied.
The five sections contain options specifying a list of events that are to be stored in custom fields of the event logger database. All five work identically, the differences being (a) the events from which the user data is taken and (b) the database table that stores them. These differences are shown in the following table.
|Section||Source Event||Logger Database Table|
|itx-custom-data||UserData and EventContent attributes of interaction-related reporting events||rpt_interaction|
|esp-custom-data||UserData attribute of EventExternalServiceRequested and EventExternalServiceResponded||rpt_esp|
|esp‑service‑data||Envelope3rdServer attribute of EventExternalServiceRequested and EventExternalServiceResponded||rpt_esp|
|agent‑custom‑data||EventContent attribute of EventCustomReporting||rpt_agent|
|custom‑customdata||EventContent attribute of EventCustomReporting||rpt_custom|
For an explanation of the Envelope3rdServer attribute, see "EventExternalServiceRequested Attributes" and "Structure of Envelope3dServer Attribute" in the "Reporting Messages" section of the "Other Protocol Events Used by Interaction Server" chapter of the Genesys Events and Models Reference Manual.
To use these options, you must first add a field to the appropriate Event Logger database table. Its data type must be the same as that of the mapped user data key. In these sections, the options have the following characteristics:
- The name is a user data key name (case-sensitive).
- The value is three semicolon-separated strings, which specify the following:
- The name of the field that you added to the database table. This value is required.
- The data type: string, integer, or timestamp. The default is string, with default length 64. If your data type is other than string, or if it is string and you want to specify a non-default length (next item), this value is required.
- Optionally, the length. The default for the string type is 64. There are no default values for integer and timestamp.
For example, if you have a data key called CustomerSegment, you can add a custom field to store this data as follows:
- Add a field called customer_segment to the rpt_interaction table.
- In the itx-custom-data section, create an option called CustomerSegment.
- Give it this value: customer_segment;string;64.
Since string and 64 are the default values for type and length respectively, the value of this option could also be simply customer_segment.