Uninstall and Reinstall
Important! The uninstallation may delete existing Composer projects if your Project Workspace resides in the installation directory. If this is the case, copy any existing Project folders to a safe location by following the procedure below.
Before Uninstalling, export Projects to a safe location.
- In the Composer Project Explorer view, right click the Project folder and select Export...
- In the Export dialog box, expand General > File System.
- Click the Next button.
- Check boxes for the Projects to export and choose/browse to the export destination folder.
- Click the Finish button.
Use the procedure below to uninstall the Composer plugins and reinstall a newer version.
To uninstall both the Eclipse plugin and the Composer installation:
- Run eclipse.exe or click the Eclipse desktop shortcut.
- From the Eclipse Help menu, select About Eclipse SDK.
- Click the Installation Details tab.
- Under Installed Software, select the Composer entries and click Uninstall. If the Uninstall button does not activate, exit Eclipse, right-click the Eclipse desktop icon, and select Run as administrator). This is a known feature on Windows 7.
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Genesys Composer from the list of currently installed programs, and then click Remove.
To reinstall on Windows, repeat the installation steps in Installing Composer on Windows.