The Workforce Management (WFM) Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) database schema enables Genesys Interactive Insights and other third-party reporting applications to easily create reports that incorporate Genesys WFM data. Once configured, this functionality can obtain Schedule, Adherence, and Performance information from WFM and store it into a documented relational database schema.
The ETL schema can co-exist with the main operational WFM database, be a standalone database, or part of any other database. WFM provides the SQL script to create the database schema, but does not specify which physical tablespace, user, or database on which to create it. The script is included in WFM Database Utility (DBU) IP, but is not executed automatically by the DBU.
This reference guide is intended for:
- Reporting and business analysts who want to leverage the data that is contained in the WFM, Genesys Interactive Insights and similar third party applications to produce reports for business users.
- IT administrators who want to gain an understanding of the components that enable WFM.
This reference assumes that the reader understands of the following:
- Relational database concepts.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) for querying and mining data.
- WFM configuration and its data sources.
- Data warehouse concepts—including working with star schemas, dimensions, aggregates, and measures.
- Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) concepts