SpeechMiner 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 Upgrade Procedure
This document explains how to upgrade SpeechMiner from version 8.5.004.00 to version 8.5.005.01
- Request the newest 8.5.005.01 software from Genesys.
- Verify that you are working with English US localization settings. You can not upgrade using localization settings that are not English US.
- When upgrading to a later build for the same version, SMUpgrade is not required. Contact Genesys Customer Care to verify if you need an SQL script for the specific upgrade.
The following checklist summarizes all the procedures required for upgrading SpeechMiner. Make sure to complete all of the required procedures.
|Item to Check||Details|
|Check for Customization||If any customizations were implemented on your database, make sure that they are part of the new version, or that they can be used in the new version without changes. Contact Genesys Customer Care for assistance.|
The following table lists the approximate times required to complete the upgrade steps:
|Stop the system (step 1)||10 minutes|
|Back up the database (step 3)||15 minutes (the larger the database the more time this step will take)|
|Configure and start the system (steps 13 to end)||40 minutes|
- Close all browsers and SpeechMiner applications.
- Stop the Uplatform service.
- Back up the SpeechMiner 18.104.22.168 database in the SQL server.
- Uninstall SpeechMiner 22.214.171.124 (build 7169).
- Copy the entire FullInstaller folder to your local server.
- Install the new SpeechMiner 8.5.005.01 (build 7188).
- Reboot your machine.
- Run the following database query:
GRANT EXECUTE ON sp_get_old_texts TO Platform AS dbo GRANT EXECUTE ON sp_deleteTextsAndMoveToPurge TO Web AS dbo GO IF NOT EXISTS ( SELECT * FROM sys.columns WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'[dbo].[webServiceParams]') AND name = 'EmailHeaderInformation' ) BEGIN ALTER TABLE [dbo].[webServiceParams] ADD EmailHeaderInformation bit NOT NULL Default(1) END GO BEGIN TRANSACTION SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON SET ARITHABORT ON SET NUMERIC_ROUNDABORT OFF SET CONCAT_NULL_YIELDS_NULL ON SET ANSI_NULLS ON SET ANSI_PADDING ON SET ANSI_WARNINGS ON COMMIT BEGIN TRANSACTION GO ALTER TABLE dbo.CallRecognizer ADD WRITE_UNFOUND_EVENTS bit NOT NULL CONSTRAINT DF_CallRecognizer_WRITE_UNFOUND_EVENTS DEFAULT 1 GO ALTER TABLE dbo.CallRecognizer SET (LOCK_ESCALATION = TABLE) GO COMMIT GO IF NOT EXISTS ( SELECT * FROM sys.columns WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'[dbo].[webServiceParams]') AND name = 'CallListSelectionOrder' ) BEGIN ALTER TABLE [dbo].[webServiceParams] ADD CallListSelectionOrder INT NOT NULL Default(0) END GO IF NOT EXISTS ( SELECT * FROM sys.columns WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'[dbo].[webServiceParams]') AND name = 'LimitExportSize' ) BEGIN ALTER TABLE [dbo].[webServiceParams] ADD LimitExportSize BigInt Default(NULL) END GO UPDATE [dbo].[webServiceParams] SET LimitExportSize= 250 GO update dbo.versionTbl set version= '8.5.7184' where resource in ('SM', 'SMART') go
- Run the following query to re-index the text data in the database:
exec dbo.sp_reindexTextDataByParams 1,0,0,''
- Deploy SQLCLR: Using SQL management, run the commands that are in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Genesys\Software\Support\sqlclr.sql script in the SpeechMiner 126.96.36.199 database.
- Run SMConfig and connect to the database that was upgraded.
- Click Save in Sites & Machines.
- Deploy the reports (not required for recording only installations).
- Update MRSLibrary.dll on the Report server.
- In the SpeechMiner Configuration Tool 8.5.0 > Services select the following:
- Under Services select:
- Create Performance Counters
- Register services
- Update config files
- Encrypt config files
- Under Select/Deselect All select the relevant machine.
- Select Restart Services and select change status to run from the drop down list.
- Under Services select:
- Open the SpeechMiner Web and check its functionality.