Platform SDK for Java Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- A new group of document management messages has been added to support OMService.
- The KeyValueCollection.toString() helper method has been extended to filter out content of sensitive user-defined sections from logging.
- Changes to the Application Template Application Block Log4j2 logging configuration no longer causes log files to rollover unless the filename is changed or segmentation configuration is reached.
- The Application Template Application Block now supports automatic archiving of rotated Log4j2 log files.
- The Application Template Application Block client configuration helper method now uses the Reconnect Timeout value for WarmStandby configuration.
- The Application Template Application Block Log4j2 plugin now generates common LMS messages/events when the Message Server connection state changes.
- The Application Template Application Block logging configuration has been extended to support explicit log message formatting using the new "outputPattern" option.
- Platform SDK now supports the GroupBy feature for StatServer.
- The legacy Platform SDK Logger Component has been annotated with deprecation marks.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
The Configuration Server protocol handshake procedure has been corrected to include temporary ADDP suspension during TLS autodetect handshakes. (PSDK-9251)
XmlTransport has been fixed to allow messages of length 16KiB to be sent. (PSDK-9247)
Application Template Application Block Log4j2 logging no longer generates duplicated log file headers. (PSDK-9118)
The Application Template Application Block Log4j2 plugin component no longer removes extra files from the directory with log files during rollover. (PSDK-9110)
The Application Template Application Block Log4j2 GLogFile appender now removes expired log files on start without waiting for rollover. (PSDK-9056)
The Application Template Application Block Log4j2 Message Server appender plugin now releases old connections to message server on logging reconfiguration. (PSDK-9051)
The Application Template Application Block Log4j2 GLogFile appender (GLogRolloverStrategy) no longer leaves an extra one log file (numbered N+1). (PSDK-9050)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.0.003.09.