All Genesys software is © Copyright 2015 Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete information about Genesys proprietary intellectual property, including copyrights, can be found here.
Genesys and the Genesys logo are registered trademarks of Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc. in the U.S.A. and other countries. Complete information about Genesys proprietary intellectual property, including all trademarks, can be found here.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Third Party Software
Genesys follows applicable third-party redistribution policies to the extent that Genesys solutions utilize third-party functionality. Please contact your customer care representative if you have any questions. The following list describes specific third-party code and functionality for this product:
- This product contains libSRTP 1.4.4 library that is an open-source implementation of the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) available under the following BSD-based license (http://srtp.sourceforge.net/license.html):
- Copyright (c) 2001-2005 Cisco Systems, Inc.
- All rights reserved.
- Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the Cisco Systems, Inc. nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
- THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- This product includes libx264 that is an Open-source H264 Codec Library.
- This product includes OpalVOIP Procyon (3.15) Revision 32241 and ZSS OpalVOIP Procyon (3.15) Revision 33269 that is a VoIP library. (http://sourceforge.net/p/opalvoip/code/HEAD/tree/opal/trunk/mpl-1.0.htm)
- This product includes OpenRTMFP / CumulusServer revision: 02/01/2013. CumulusServer is an open source and cross-platform RTMFP server extendable by way of (LUA) scripting and sockets. (https://github.com/OpenRTMFP/Cumulus/blob/master/LICENSE)
- This product includes OpenRTMFP CumulusLib revision: 02/01/2013. CumulusLib is an open source and cross-platform RTMFP server extendable by way of (LUA) scripting and sockets. (https://github.com/OpenRTMFP/Cumulus/blob/master/LICENSE)
- This product includes FFMPEG rev: 15261 and FFMPEG rev: 18799 that is a multimedia framework able to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux, stream, filter and play a wide range of audio video streams. (http://opensource.org/licenses/lgpl-license.html)
- This product includes MySQL Server 5.1.7 that is an open source database. (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html)
- This product includes MM.MySQL 2.0.4 that is a native communication with MySQL Server via ODBC. (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html)
- This product includes Jetty 9.1.0 that is a Java HTTP Servlet Server. (http://eclipse.org/jetty/licenses.php)
- This product includes Opus 1.1 that is an open-source Opus codec. (http://www.opus-codec.org/license/)
- This product includes Red5 that is a Red5 Media Server. (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- This product includes OpenSSL 1.0.1e with Heartbleed fix that is an open-source implementation of the SSL and TLS protocols. OpenSSL is licensed under an Apache-style license, which basically means that you are free to get and use it for commercial and non-commercial purposes subject to some simple license conditions (http://www.openssl.org/source/license.html). Conditions:
- Do not distribute with any GPL code, license is incompatible
- Include file LICENSE in distribution
- Do not modify source code, you need US Government approval for any modifications. (see README)
- This software is subject to export restrictions. Do not export to restricted countries. Notify Software delivery.
- This software includes materials patented by external parties. For RCX algorithms we purchased use of algorithms with BSAFE. For IDEA discontinue use.
- Include the following in readme file third party acknowledgements: "This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org). This product contains cryptographic software written by Eric Young (email@example.com).".
- If windows code is included with distribution the following should be added to the same two documents: "This product includes software written by Tim Hudson (firstname.lastname@example.org")".
- Due to IPR uncertainties, ciphers for IDEA, RC4, RC5 and MDC2 have been removed.
- AAC 1.28 that is an AAC codec.
- Boost Library 1.47 that is a Boost Library. (http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt)
- Speex 1.2 that is Speex Codec. (http://www.xiph.org/licenses/bsd/speex/)
- Spring Asm 3.0.5 that is Spring's repackaging of org.objectweb.asm 5.0, a bytecode manipuation and analysys package. (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/library/version/download?name=org.springframework.spring&version=3.0.5.RELEASE&type=license)
- Spring Beans 3.0.5 that is Spring Framework support for Java beans. (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/library/version/download?name=org.springframework.spring&version=3.0.5.RELEASE&type=license)
- Spring Context 3.0.5 that is an application context runtime, including scheduling and remoting abstractions. (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/library/version/download?name=org.springframework.spring&version=3.0.5.RELEASE&type=license)
- Spring Context Support 3.0.5 that is support classes for integrating common third-party libraries into a Spring application context. (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/library/version/download?name=org.springframework.spring&version=3.0.5.RELEASE&type=license)
- Spring Core 3.0.5 that is core utilities, used by many other Spring modules. (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/library/version/download?name=org.springframework.spring&version=3.0.5.RELEASE&type=license)
- Spring Expression 3.0.5 that is Spring Expression Language (SpEL). (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/library/version/download?name=org.springframework.spring&version=3.0.5.RELEASE&type=license)
- Spring Web 3.0.5 that is web support packages, including client and web remoting. (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/library/version/download?name=org.springframework.spring&version=3.0.5.RELEASE&type=license)
- Apache XML-RPC 2.0.1 that is Apache implementation of XML-based remote procedure calling. (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html)
- Java Servlet 3.1 that is a Java Servlet. (http://opensource.org/licenses/cddl1.php)
- Apache Commons Codec 1.4.0 that is Apache Commons Codec software provides implementations of common encoders and decoders such as Base64, Hex, Phonetic and URLs for encoding and decoding text and binary data. (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/bundle/version/download?name=com.springsource.org.apache.commons.codec&version=1.4.0&type=license)
- Apache Commons Collections 3.2.1 seek to build upon the JDK classes by providing new interfaces, implementations and utilities. There are many features, including:
- Bag interface for collections that have a number of copies of each object
- Buffer interface for collections that have a well defined removal order, like FIFOs
- BidiMap interface for maps that can be looked up from value to key as well and key to value
- MapIterator interface to provide simple and quick iteration over maps
- Type checking decorators to ensure that only instances of a certain type can be added
- Transforming decorators that alter each object as it is added to the collection
- Composite collections that make multiple collections look like one
- Ordered maps and sets that retain the order elements are added in, including an LRU based map
- Identity map that compares objects based on their identity (==) instead of the equals method
- Reference map that allows keys and/or values to be garbage collected under close control
- Many comparator implementations
- Many iterator implementations
- Adapter classes from array and enumerations to collections
- Utilities to test or create typical set-theory properties of collections such as union, intersection, and closure
- Apache Commons HTTP Client 3.1.0. The Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is perhaps the most significant protocol used on the Internet today. Web services, network-enabled appliances and the growth of network computing continue to expand the role of the HTTP protocol beyond user-driven web browsers, while increasing the number of applications that require HTTP support. Designed for extension while providing robust support for the base HTTP protocol, the HttpComponents may be of interest to anyone building HTTP-aware client and server applications such as web browsers, web spiders, HTTP proxies, web service transport libraries, or systems that leverage or extend the HTTP protocol for distributed communication. (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/bundle/version/download?name=com.springsource.org.apache.commons.httpclient&version=3.1.0&type=license)
- Apache Commons Lang 2.4.0 provides a host of helper utilities for the java.lang API, notably String manipulation methods, basic numerical methods, object reflection, concurrency, creation and serialization and System properties. Additionally it contains basic enhancements to java.util.Date and a series of utilities dedicated to help with building methods, such as hashCode, toString and equals. (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/bundle/version/download?name=com.springsource.org.apache.commons.lang&version=2.4.0&type=license)
- Apache Commons Modeler 2.0.1 permits required metadata for JMX management beans to be constructed easily from XML. (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/bundle/version/download?name=com.springsource.org.apache.commons.modeler&version=2.0.1&type=license)
- Apache Commons Pool 1.5.3 that is an object pooling API and several implementations. (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/bundle/version/download?name=com.springsource.org.apache.commons.pool&version=1.5.3&type=license)
- Groovy 17.0 that is a Groovy Scripting Language. (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/bundle/version/download?name=com.springsource.org.codehaus.groovy&version=1.7.0&type=license)
- Java XML Stream API 1.0.1 that is a Java XML Stream API. (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/bundle/version/detail?name=com.springsource.javax.xml.stream&version=1.0.1)
- Apache Mina 2.0.2 that is a network application framework. (http://www.apache.org/licenses/)
- Jython library 2.5 Alpha 3 that is Python for the Java Plarform. (http://www.jython.org/license.html)
- Core JSP 2.3.2 that is Java Server Pages Implementation. (https://jsp.java.net/license.html)
- JSP API 2.3.1 that is a Java Server Pages API. (https://jsp.java.net/license.html)
- Jruby 1.1.6 that is an implementation of Ruby on the JVM. (https://github.com/jruby/jruby/blob/master/LICENSE.RUBY)
NOTICE OF RESTRICTED RIGHTS FOR ORACLE PRODUCTS LICENSED TO THE US GOVERNMENT Oracle Programs delivered to the United States government subject to the DOD FAR Supplement are 'commercial computer software' and use, duplication, and disclosure of the programs, including documentation, shall be subject to the licensing restrictions set forth in the applicable license agreement therefor. Otherwise, Oracle programs delivered subject to the Federal Acquisition Regulations are 'restricted computer software' and use, duplication, and disclosure of the programs, including documentation, shall be subject to the restrictions in FAR 52.227-19, Commercial Computer Software-Restricted Rights (June 1987). Oracle USA, Inc., 50 0 Oracle Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
Genesys Customer Care links:
Information on supported hardware and third-party software is here:
Genesys Video Gateway 9.0 Product Alerts
New in Release 9.0.0
- Software-only, standards-based, zero foot-print integration—no dedicated plug-ins, downloads, or installs for WebRTC calls (for Flash, plug-in is needed)
- Click-through voice and video calls directly from the Web
- Collect contextual data from a visitor’s Web sessions and forward it to the Genesys SIP enabled contact center as attached data
- Two-way audio-only calls
- Two-way audio and video calls
- Transcoding provided on supported media types in both directions
- Bridge towards SIP Contact Center Agents
Native integration to the Genesys CX Platform
- Genesys SIP Contact Center Solutions
- Benefit from routing infrastructure
Supported Desktop web browsers
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Dedicated server
- Multiple load-balanced instances for scalability
- Warm stand-by application server component with external load balancer (not part of the delivery)
- Support for HTTPS
- SRTP-DTLS for WebRTC calls
- RTMFP and RTMPS for Flash calls
- RTMPT for Flash (allows for Firewall traversal)
- Firewall traversal with support of ICE and TURN
- G.711 A-law and μ-Law audio format (G.711 is on SIP side only)
- H.264 profiles up to and including Profile 3.1 (H.264 is for Flash and SIP)
- VP8 video (WebRTC and SIP)
- Speex on the Web-side for Flash
- Opus on Web-side for WebRTC
- Real-Time media transcoding whenever required
- RedHat Linux 6.5+ 64-bit
- VMWare ESX 5.5
- MS Hyper V
- Dedicated Web management interface
- Customer side customizable widget
- Client SDK
New in Release 9.0.1
Genesys Meeting Room is a restricted release. For availability of this release, contact your Genesys representative.
New in Release 9.0.2
Genesys Video Gateway 9.0.2 is a restricted release. For availability of this release, contact your Genesys representative.
Genesys Video Gateway
Genesys Video Gateway enables unparalleled Customer Experience and improves sales engagement by providing rich context and personal customer interactions. It provides full personal services remotely, as end customers can speak face-to-face with an expert directly from their computer.
Genesys Video Gateway drives video contact center growth by removing technology barriers on the consumer-side: it is a true zero-footprint voice and video enabler, providing direct calls from the consumer’s browser to a Genesys SIP contact center. It relies on WebRTC technology, progressively rolled out into most popular Web browsers, and has a fallback to Flash capability for those browsers not yet fully supporting WebRTC. This ubiquitous capability makes Genesys Video Gateway a unique asset for enterprises willing to offer rich media customer service.
Genesys Video Gateway is included in packages of the Inbound and Self-service solutions for Customer Engagement. Contact your Genesys representative for more information.
Use this book to deploy Genesys Video Gateway.
Use this book to customize Genesys Video Gateway.
Use this download to understand the Genesys Video Gateway API.