Genesys Integration Server Deployment Guide
Welcome to the Genesys Integration Server Deployment Guide. This document introduces you to the concepts, terminology, and procedures relevant to the Genesys Integration Server 7.6. Topics covered in this guide include:
- Genesys Integration Server (GIS) architecture
- Deployment-planning considerations
- GIS installation and configuration procedures
- Instructions for starting and stopping GIS
- Instructions for generating the WSDL files for the Session, Statistics, and Configuration services
About Genesys Integration Server
Genesys Integration Server (GIS) provides an interface to the Genesys Framework—specifically to Stat Server statistics, Configuration Database configuration information, the Agent Interaction services, and the Open Media Interaction services. It presents APIs that enable you to create client applications designed to access and modify Genesys data, or to build agent-facing applications based on your own customized, web-based applications.
This document, primarily intended for managers who will be planning the deployment of GIS, system administrators, and integrators. It assumes that you have a basic understanding of:
Computer-telephony integration (CTI) concepts, processes, terminology, and applications.
Network design and operation.
Your own network configurations.
You should also be familiar with the architecture and functions of the Genesys Framework and Customer Interaction Management Platform—especially with the Configuration Layer and with Stat Server.
In addition to this preface, this document contains the following chapters:
Introducing GIS, presents an overview of GIS functionality and architecture, plus deployment-planning information.
Installing and Uninstalling GIS, provides step-by-step instructions for installing, uninstalling, and deploying GIS.
Customizing the GIS Environment, provides options for reconfiguring GIS after installation.
High-Availability Deployments of GIS, provides details on how to deploy GIS in high-availability (HA) mode, and describes the load balancing capabilities of those deployments.
Starting and Testing GIS, provides step-by-step instructions for starting and stopping GIS and testing your installation.
Configuration Options, configuration information for the options tab.
List of Procedures
- Installing GIS on a UNIX-Based Platform
- Installing GIS on a Windows Platform
- Deploying GIS in WebLogic
- Deploying GIS in WebSphere
- Verifying Installation of GIS as a GSAP Server
- Inspecting the Stand-alone Directory Tree
- Inspecting the WebSphere Directory Tree
- Inspecting the WebLogic Directory Tree
- Checking the GIS Log Files
- Replacing the JavaMail Archive (for WebSphere 5.0)
- Uninstalling GIS as a GSAP or SOAP Stand-alone Server from a Windows Platform
- Uninstalling GIS as a GSAP or SOAP Stand-alone Server from a UNIX-Based Platform
- Uninstalling GIS from a WebSphere Application Server
- Uninstalling GIS from a WebLogic Application Server
- Setting the JAVA_HOME Environment Variable
- Tuning Heap Size Values
- Configuring a SOAP Port for a Master Configuration Server
- Configuring a SOAP Port for a CS Proxy
- Customizing the Notification Mechanism for GIS:SOAP
- Setting the HTTP Connector Thread Number for GIS:SOAP
- Displaying the WSDL Files for GIS:SOAP
- Enabling GZIP Compression for .NET
- Enabling GZIP Compression for Java
- Enabling GZIP Compression using Web Server Features
- Configuring the GIS Application Objects
- Configuring the HA Cluster for Manual Peer Discovery Support
- Configuring the HA Cluster for Automatic Peer Discovery Support
- Configuring the Client Application
- Configuring Apache Dispatcher
- Configuring Tomcat for Apache Dispatcher Deployment
- Configuring and Installing GIS
- Configuring the Server Side
- Configuring the Client Side with Dispatcher
- Configuring the Client Side without Dispatcher
- Choosing Your Start Script
- Editing the Start Script
- Starting and Testing GIS
- Configuring the License Section of the Option Tab (for GIS:SOAP or GIS:GSAP)
- Specifying Licensing at Startup (GIS:SOAP only)
- Starting on UNIX-based Platforms (GIS:SOAP only)
- Verify the Status of GIS (GIS:SOAP Only)
- Starting GIS on Windows
- Starting GIS on a Web Application Server
- Stopping GIS on UNIX-based Platforms
- Stopping GIS on Windows
- Stopping on a Web Application Server
- Using Management Layer to Start and Stop GIS