The procedures in this section are not required to upgrade Genesys Administrator Extension but might contain useful reference information.
Install Genesys Administration Extension Server
- The environment variable JRE_HOME has been configured (see the Genesys Administrator Extension Deployment Guide).
- Copy the GAX IP to the host machine.
- If you are installing on Linux, navigate to the folder to which you copied the IP, and change the permissions of the installation file by entering the following command: chmod 755 install.sh
- Run the installation file to extract and copy the necessary files by entering ./install.sh (on Linux), or ./setup.exe (on Windows Server).
ImportantWhen you install GAX on a Linux host, you might receive the following error message indicating installation was unsuccessful:
Unable to find configuration information. Either you have not used configuration wizards and the GCTISetup.ini file was not created or the file is corrupted.Ignore this message; Genesys Administrator Extension has been installed successfully.
- Navigate to the folder in which you installed GAX, and run the gax_startup.sh file (on Linux), or the gax_startup.bat file (on Windows Server).
Add a Connection to Solution Control Server from GAX
Use this procedure If you want the System Dashboard feature in GAX to function.
- In GAX, go to Configuration Manager.
- Hover over the Environment icon and select Applications in the pop-up list.
- From the list of Applications, open the Application object for GAX.
- In the GAX Application object details window, open the Connections tab and click Add.
- In the Connection Properties window, enter information about the connection to SCS. Refer to GAX Help for more information about how to configure a connection.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
- Restart GAX.