Within Pulse, create a widget from either a widget template or by cloning another widget. Expand existing widgets for additional details.
Select the Enable quick updates option to receive updated data as quickly as possible for statistics that have change-based notifications, as defined in the widget refresh rate. Otherwise, Pulse provides updated data every 15 seconds or more. See Deploying RabbitMQ for Quick Widget Updates.
You can perform the following actions on a widget:
- Add a widget
- Clone a widget
- Edit a widget
- Delete a widget
- Expand a widget for details
- Download widget data
Add a Widget
Avoid creating widgets that contain a large number of Objects. Genesys recommends you restrict the number to a maximum of 100 objects.
- Click on the right corner of the dashboard tab and select Add a Widget.
- Choose a predefined widget template or define your own.
- Click Next.
- Select the objects to include by individual object or by group.
- Click Next.
- Select the statistics to include. You can change the default order of the statistics.
You should select at least one non-string statistic.
Excluding a statistic that is required in the calculation of another statistic creates errors.
- Click Next.
- Edit the Widget Title.
- Select the Widget Type to display:
ImportantThe maximum value for the bar charts in List and KPI widgets is the maximum value of all the objects selected for the statistic in this widget or maximum value of the alert configured for this widget.
- List Widget—Displays either one statistic for many objects or many statistics for one object, depending on the value of the Headline type option. The Headline type option is available if the widget has objects selected individually, not by group.
- Donut Widget—Displays either one statistic for three top objects and a sum the remaining objects or the values of four defined statistics for one object, depending on the value of the Cycle By option.
- KPI Widget—Displays either one statistic for several objects or several statistics for one object, depending on the value of the Cycle By option. The Cycle By option is available if the widget has objects selected individually, not by group.
- Grid Widget—Displays a grid listing objects in rows with statistics in columns.
- Select the remaining parameters as defined by the Widget Type.
- Select the Widget refresh rate.
- Optional: For widgets configured to use changes-based statistics, set enable quick updates. See Deploying RabbitMQ for Quick Widget Updates.
- Select the statistics for alerts and define the alert values (from 1 to 3).
- Preview the widget to confirm the result.
- Click Finish.
Clone a Widget
- Click the top right corner of an existing widget and select Clone.
Edit a Widget
Avoid creating widgets that contain a large number of objects. Genesys recommends you restrict the number to a maximum of 100 Objects.
- Click the top right corner of an existing widget or its expanded tab and select Edit.
- Edit the widget properties as desired.
- When done, click Finish.
Delete a Widget
- Click the top right corner of an existing widget and select Delete.
- Click OK.
Expand a Widget
- Click the top right corner of an existing widget and select Expand to Tab.
There are four types of data representation available in the expanded widget:
- Line Chart
- Grouped Bar
- Stacked Bar
Within these, you can use sort options, define objects, and define statistics.
- Click the pencil icon to change the number of columns for the Grid.
Download Widget Data
Save the data from a widget as a CSV file.
- Click the top right corner of an expanded widget and select Download widget.