What's New in Billing Data Server for 9.0
April 12, 2019
- New options are introduced to more easily control how data is handled in premise mode (whether it is uploaded to S3, or only stored locally), and to allow a wide range of usage metrics to be tracked. Settings for premise and subscription modes (including extraction, transformation, and local cache paths) are now stored in the 'global' section of the BDS configuration file.
- The Third Party work items and Genesys Chat metrics now include only sessions where at least one interaction was handled.
- BDS now supports deployment without Oracle. (Oracle support continues as in previous releases, but it is installed as a separate, and optional, step.)
January 22, 2019
- Support is added to track data for Genesys Info Mart-based voicemail.
- Authentication through Web Services and Applications (GWS) is now supported.
- BDS now provides enhanced logging capabilities.
See Billing Data Server 9.0.000.18 Release Note to learn more about these, and other, new features and changes.
September 25, 2018
- BDS now includes the Business Units breakout functionality.
See Billing Data Server 9.0.000.13 Release Note to learn more about the new feature.
June 27, 2018
- BDS now has the detailed concurrent and enabled seats report functionality.
- BDS now unifies the native python logging approach.
See Billing Data Server 9.0.000.07 Release Note to learn more about the new features and issues resolved with this release.
28 March 2018
- BDS provides the data required for the Genesys financial organization to bill customers for subscription services.
See the Billing Data Server 9.0.000.01 Release Note to learn about the main functions.
Billing Data Server
The Billing Data Server (BDS), deployed on customer premises, provides the data required for the Genesys financial organization to bill customers for subscription services. The main functions of BDS are:
- Daily extraction of historical reporting and configuration data needed for billing
- Aggregation of that data into daily and monthly summary files
- Automated transmission of daily and monthly files back to Genesys for invoicing for online configuration
- Local storage of billing files as backup or other uses
Billing Data Server is part of 9.x, which can include component releases from 9.1.x, 9.0.x, and 8.5.x code streams. Use the table below to check which component releases are part of 9.x.
|All 9.x products||9.x Billing Data Server Release Notes|
|Billing Data Server|
Learn about how to deploy Billing Data Server and enable its features.
Learn how to use Billing Data Server.