Default Value: False
Valid Values: True, False
Changes Take Effect: After restart
Enables the RMI API port, disabled by default.
Universal Contact Server Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Substantial security enhancements—Improved verification of third-party components and open source software updates, including:
- Jetty 9.4.18
- Log4J 2.11
- RestLet 2.4.1 (ESR-14207, ESR-13628)
- Support for advanced secure connection to Postgres—UCS now supports advanced secure configuration connection for PostGreSQL, including FIPS. (ESR-14196) MORE DETAILS
- The RMI API port is now disabled by default. It can be enabled using the enable-rmi option in the [settings] section. (ESR-14466)
- Context Service behavior in UCS has changed as follows:
- If option [cview]/tenant-id is not present or empty and UCS has only one tenant, the Context Service API uses this tenant.
- If option [cview]/tenant-id is not present or empty and UCS has multiple tenants, a configuration error is displayed in logs and UCS stops.
- If option [cview]/tenant-id has a value not matching any of the UCS tenants, a configuration error is displayed in logs and UCS stops.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
UCS now handles the following scenario without becoming unresponsive:
- UCS connects to primary Message Server.
- Primary Message Server stops.
- UCS connects to backup Message Server.
- Primary Message Server restarts.
- Backup Message Server stops.
UCS now starts correctly with Oracle RAC when option jdbc-debug is enabled. Previously it failed to start and generated an SQLException: Universal Connection Pool is not started error. (ESR-14408)
The strictness of email address checking can now be controlled by using the following new option in the [settings] section:
- Valid values—true, false
- Default value—false
- Changes take effect—Immediately
- Description—With value true, the email address must be compliant with RFC 822. With value false, UCS performs no email address verification.
Merging two customer profiles now works correctly when one or more contact attributes are of type date. Previously the merge failed. (ESR-14397)
When a Lucene index is shared between primary and backup UCSs (option [index]\shared has value true), the database table IndexEvent is no longer updated. This table is required when UCS primary and backup instances have separate indexes. But previously one useless record was added for each contact and interaction, and never deleted, resulting in the table growing constantly. (ESR-14375)
UCS no longer exits if a switchover is performed while the database is down. (ESR-13795)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.300.32.