Section: Voice - User Terminated
Valid Values: String
Changes Take Effect: Immediately
URL of the SCXML custom plugin to execute various custom scenarios after a user terminated callback is dialed; these scenarios depend on the state of the call. By default, there is no value for this option and the plugin execution is disabled.
Custom Callback Plugin Sample
You can download the GMS Custom Callback Plugin sample application via the following zip file, which includes Composer call flow and workflow diagrams.
For a description of the On-Dial plugin interface and configuration, see the Playing Treatments page in the Callback Solution Guide.
The Genesys Mobile Services (GMS) Custom Callback Plugin sample implements an On-Dial plugin to interface with the GMS Callback service. Developers should use this sample as a reference to build a Composer application that is invoked as a plugin from GMS Callback. Though the actual functionality of the plugin can be extended to execute custom logic like sending push notifications, SMS, or emails, it is beyond the scope of this sample to demonstrate these. For implementing custom logic, refer to GMS, ORS, and Composer documentation.
This example covers:
- Parsing the JSON content of the _user_data parameter into an object.
- Checking the _interaction_id parameter to determine if the call was answered.
- Checking the _call_state parameter for the human answer and machine answer use cases.
- Playing a music file message for scenarios involving a machine answer.
- Invoking a VXML application for scenarios involving a human answer.
- Setting user data in the interaction.
- Implementing a reusable sub-workflow that detaches the interaction and returns the plugin reply.
Note that the Callback Service template provides default treatments when an outbound call reaches a human or not. Customization of the template is required to provide custom treatment. In this release, the custom treatment is supported through SCXML or VoiceXML plugins as configurable options for the Callback Service template. This reduces the customization efforts and gives you more control over how the outbound call is treated.
In order to use this sample application, you need the following:
- GMS installed and running, with JDK 1.7 or JDK 1.8.
- The services that you want to use must be deployed.
- The sample can be deployed on all web servers supported by Composer 8.5.
Running the Sample
- Download the zip file here
- Unzip to C:\temp to create a GMSExamplePlugin folder.
- Open Composer.
- Browse File > Import > General and select the GMSExamplePlugin folder. Click OK to import.
- Generate the code and deploy the project.
- Make sure that the scxml application is accessible via http.
- Configure _plugin_on_dial_url = <scxml http path>
- Execute the VOICE-USERTERM-NOW scenario.
THIS CODE IS PROVIDED BY GENESYS TELECOMMUNICATIONS LABORATORIES, INC. ("GENESYS") "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. GENESYS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS CODE (OR ANY PART THEREOF), INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. GENESYS AND ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF USING THIS CODE. IN NO EVENT SHALL GENESYS AND ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, ECONOMIC, INCIDENTAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS).